National Project Assistant and Translator
Agency: United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
Title: National Project Assistant and Translator
Application Deadline: 15 December April 2023
Main Duty Station and Location: Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Start of Contract: 10 January 2024
End of Contract: 31 December 2024 (with the possibility of extension)
Duration: full time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Project Manager in the UNIDO HQ, direct supervision of National Project Coordinator and in close cooperation with the project team in the field and HQ, the National Project Assistant and Translator will provide administrative support and translate documents. Specifically, the National Project Assistant and Translator will perform the following duties:
- Perform general administrative and logistical tasks such as arrangements for meetings, study tours, training, workshops and other events.
- Provide logistical support to international consultants, national consultants, and visiting UNIDO staff members.
- Assist with the preparation for the Project Steering Committee meetings, including providing support in drafting the agenda, the list of participants, sending out invitations and following up.
- Translate (proofread) legal and regulatory frameworks, bi-annual reports, annual reports, service providers’ reports, press releases, background notes, and other documents and reports to/from the Romanian, English, and Russian languages.
- Perform quality control of outsourced documents in the Romanian, English, and Russian languages.
- Assist with communication and visibility actions of the project activities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Interpretation, Literature, Linguistics, Social Sciences, or other relevant discipline is required.
Technical and functional experience:
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible working experience in providing administrative support, interpretation and translation is required.
- Experience relevant to technical cooperation in the Republic of Moldova is
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and Microsoft Teams is required.
Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English, Romanian and Russian languages is required.
Interested candidates must submit their CV and Cover letter in English language in PDF format to the e-mail address D.Scola@unido.org no later than 15 December 2023. Please indicate “National Project Assistant and Translator” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please note that this is a full-time assignment for a period of 12 months (with the possibility of an extension).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that receipt of CV and Cover letter will not be acknowledged, and any further correspondence will be initiated by the UNIDO Project team.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Programme Associate (GS7) - UNDP Country Office
- Driver / Administrative Clerk - UNDP Moldova/PRIM Project
- UNFPA Communication Manager Youth Programmes, Chisinau, Moldova (Service Contract, SB4.3)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă
- Programme Officer for the Swedish Red Cross
- Termen extins: Centrul CONTACT angajează expert/expertă sau grup de experți în elaborarea de metodologie și livrare de training în domeniul colectării de fonduri
- Programme Associate (GS6) - OHCHR - 14021
- UNDP Moldova: Communication Analyst (NPSA8) - Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM) Project
- Project Analyst (NPSA-8) - Digital Transformation in Public Sector Project
- Programme Assistant, Branch Development and Volunteer Management for International Federation of the Red Cross