The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
The British Embassy in Chisinau is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Corporate Services Assistant.
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
The Corporate Services Assistant is part of the Corporate Services Team, performing general corporate and administrative tasks and supporting Corporate team in the areas of Finance, Procurement, Logistics and HR. The CSA reports directly to the Corporate Services Manager (CSM). The job holder provides customer support to all UK and country based staff assisting the Corporate team in continuously improving the office’s operation and service delivery.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operate Embassy switchboard and transfer calls.
- Maintain post transportation log; Prepare and monitor schedules and workload of the Embassy drivers; ensure that driving duties are fairly and equally distributed and completed.
- Maintain Conference room logs; check requests daily and make required arrangements.
- Dispatch, receive and sort official incoming and outgoing mail, handle courier requests.
- Maintain incoming and outgoing official correspondence.
- Arrange hotel and taxi bookings for BE guests and FCDO staff; revise regularly hotel special rates.
- Manage, order and monitor stationary stock, including cleaning supplies; manage float inventory and update stock when needed.
- Support the corporate team in finding further efficiencies and process improvement in order to improve service delivery.
- Administrator of an Embassy contacts database.
- Other ad hoc administrative duties as required by the Corporate Services Manager, for example inventories.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Professional proficiency in English and Romanian (written and spoken, minimum of C1 level for CEFR framework*), and Russian (written and spoken, minimum of B2 level for CEFR framework*);
- Minimum secondary education degree;
- Previous experience in relevant field (secretary, assistant, administration, operations etc);
- IT proficiency and ability to work across Microsoft office suite programmes (Teams, Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills;
- Ability to prioritize effectively in the midst of conflicting priorities and competing demands;
- Problem solving and ability to think through the next steps to inform positive change;
- Excellent customer care skills and the ability to respond to a range of customer needs;
- Resilience - the ability to work under pressure.
Application deadline: 17 September 2023
Grade: Administrative Assistant (AA)
Type of Position: Full-time, Permanent
Working hours per week: 35
Location: Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Salary: 17,190 MDL (gross)
To apply for this position click HERE
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Terre des hommes este în căutare de un/o Asistent/ă logistică în Moldova
- Oficiul Avocatului Poporului anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției publice de Consultant/ă principal/ă în cadrul Reprezentanței Bălți
- Procurement Associate - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project
- Termen extins: Centrul CONTACT angajează expert/expertă sau grup de experți în elaborarea de metodologie și livrare de training în domeniul colectării de fonduri
- Project Associate (NPSA 6) - UNDP Moldova/EU-Confidence Building Measures Project
- ACTED/REACH is hiring Assessment Officer - Chișinău
- Asociația Obștească Prietena Mea este în căutarea unui psiholog/unei psiholoage pentru organizarea unor discuții de grup cu părinții și îngrijitorii copiilor cu dizabilități
- Project Analyst (NPSA-8) - UNDP Moldova/PBF Project
- Anunț de angajare, Camera de Comerț și Industrie a Republicii Moldova!
- AO Laolaltă anunță concurs de selectare a mentorilor pentru Hackathon-ul de inițiative comunitare la Centrul Comunitar 151