Adventist Development and Relieve Agency (ADRA) is the global humanitarian arm of the Seventh-day Adventist Church – part of the 20 million strong Adventist community, with hundreds of thousands of churches globally and the world’s largest integrated healthcare and education network. ADRA delivers relief and development assistance to individuals in more than 118 countries – regardless of their ethnicity, political affiliation, gender, or religious association. By partnering with local communities, organizations, and governments, ADRA is able to deliver culturally relevant programs and build local capacity for sustainable change.
ADRA Moldova has been an active humanitarian and development office since 1999, with the country office located in Chisinau. The agency is an active member in all clusters in Moldova and is also part of the emergency team established by the local ministries through support offices in the country. ADRA Moldova currently employs 26 staff whilst upscaling its capacity for response to the Ukrainian crisis.
The purpose of the position: the chronological and systematic recording and reporting of financial-accounting operations.
1. Ensures the accounting record of stocks, relations with third parties, of the treasury and records of income and expenses.
2. Prepares and checks the financial-accounting statements and reports.
- Preparation and processing of primary documents in accordance with the regulations of the national legislation as well as the internal procedures of ADRA Moldova;
- Continuous record keeping of primary documents and accounting of economic operations in the 1C Accounting system;
- Completion and maintenance (in electronic/manual format) of accounting registers;
- Perfection and processing of salary documents;
- Registration of financial transactions (in e-banking) and expenses according to the budget lines approved by the donor, tracking the timely receipt of bank statements and checking their consistency with the accompanying documents;
- Calculation and registration of advance statements / travel reports according to the legislation in force and the provisions of the donor;
- Correct completion of all financial documents;
- Perfection and presentation in the established terms of the financial reports and other accounting, fiscal and statistical reports provided by the legislation in force at the end of the month/quarter/year of management;
- Elaboration of financial reports to the donor;
- Perfecting contracts with natural/legal persons and their management;
- Participation in the implementation of the company's annual audit process;
- Proposing solutions to optimize the accounting process;
- Archiving of financial documents in accordance with the legislation in force and the requirements of the donor (daily, monthly and annually);
- Participation in the inventory and subsequent accounting of its results;
- Providing support for local partners regarding the completion of financial reports, verification of financial/audit reports sent by local partners.
Personal qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, an additional qualification would be an advantage;
- Thorough knowledge in the financial-accounting field regulated by national legislation, knowledge of legal norms and regulations regarding accounting in non-governmental organizations;
- Good knowledge and experience in managing the 1C database;
- Recent accounting experience of at least 5 years;
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience in the non-commercial/non-governmental sector;
- Experience in accounting of projects financed by international organizations;
- Good planning, organization and implementation skills;
- Knowledge of computer operation: Word, Excel, Internet, Program 1C;
- Knowledge of languages – Romanian; English (will be considered an advantage);
- Analytical thinking;
- Ability to meet deadlines, quick problem solving.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications to: email@example.com
The applications should include the following documents:
- Cover letter explaining the suitability and expertise for the position
- Resume / CV
- Minimum of 2 references with contact details from previous/current employment
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and ADRA reserves the right to stop the application process once a suitable candidate has been identified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls inquiries allowed.
At ADRA, we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of the communities, staff and other people we work with. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who can promote a working environment free from abuse or harm to anyone that works with or comes into contact with ADRA are recruited. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- UNICEF Moldova: Programme Associate, GS-6 (FT)_for Moldova nationals/residents only - recruitment for 2 posts
- UNDP Moldova: Project Manager (NPSA9) - Moldova Sustainable Green Cities – Catalyzing investment in sustainable green cities in the Republic of Moldova using a holistic integrated urban planning approach (Green Cities Project)
- Extended deadline: Data Management, Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
- CCR MD is hiring a Project Assistant
- Investment Attraction Analyst (NPSA-8) - EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme
- Project Assistant, Case Management
- NRC Moldova is looking for a Shelter and WASH Technical Officer in Ocnita
- Communication Analyst (NPSA-8) - The Swiss-UNDP Project: Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM)
- GIZ - Financial Specialist
- America House Chișinău angajează Manager Evenimente