ISRAAID - OPEN POSITION - EDUCATION COORDINATOR
Contract type: Full time (Paid)
Location: Moldova, Chisinau
Start date: Immediate
Duration: 3-6 months
This position is an exciting opportunity to get hands-on experience working with a professional humanitarian aid organization with 20 years of experience in emergency and trauma. In addition, this is a chance to be part of a leading team of professionals who will support and provide immediate and long-term assistance to the Ukrainian citizens currently crossing the border to Moldova.
IsraAID, founded in 2001, is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to providing life-saving disaster relief and long-term support. For over a decade, our teams of professional medics, search & rescue squads, post-trauma experts, and community mobilizers have been first on the frontlines of nearly every major humanitarian response in the 21st century. Our mission is to efficiently support and meet the changing needs of populations as they strive to move from crisis to reconstruction/rehabilitation and, eventually, to sustainable living.
The education coordinator will work under the supervision of the Head of Mission and Head of Programmes in Moldova, in close collaboration and guidance from the Head of Technical Unit at the HQ, to address the educational and psychosocial needs of Ukrainian children and youth who are temporary in Moldova, and those who are settling in Moldova. The educational activities will be implemented within the formal education system and in nonformal settings. Furthermore, the education coordinator will represent IsraAID and participate in all education coordination forums and task forces at the national level.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND COMPETENCIES
1) Manage and provide professional support and guidance to facilitators and volunteers at child-friendly spaces in different geographic locations.
2) Create a model for nonformal education, addressing the needs of all target age groups.
3) Support school-teachers and other school personnel in social inclusion efforts and integration of Ukrainian children.
4) Provide ongoing teacher trainings and guidance sessions
5) Map and identify local and international partners to expand and diversify educational activities.
6) Liaise and collaborate with the Ministry of Education, UNICEF, UNHCR, and other NGOs (including participation in national coordination meetings, supervision of site visits, and contribution to assessments).
7) Conduct ongoing evaluations to assess the learning outcomes among children and youth.
1. M.A level of academic background in Education or Education related studies.
2. At least 2 years of managerial experience with International Organizations in the context of development or emergency
3. Proven experience in implementing Education programs in the context of developing countries,crisis zone, or emergency settings
4. Minimum of 3 years experience of working in education systems.
5. Fluent Russian/Ukraine is a strong advantage. Excellent written and spoken English
6. Experience in Education policies development and early childhood education- Advantage.
7. Proven background in staff guidance and supervision.
Apply in the following link: https://israaid.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=104