Vacancy announcement: Logistics Officer
Project “Move IT like Lublin – a Chisinau public transport sustainable development initiative”
Reference Grant Contract number: NEAR-TS/2020/ 421-885
Logistics Officer (Part – time)
The Chișinău City Hall has signed a grant contract on 23 of December 2020 with the EU Commission, in accordance with the Chisinau Municipal Council Decision 22/2 from 22 December 2020 “Regarding the approval of the Grant Agreement, concluded between the Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Moldova, Chisinau City Hall and Gmina Lublin”.
The budget line: BGUE-B2019-21.020802-C1-DEVCO, EuropeAid/167744/DH/ACT/Multi, Lot 4: Partnerships for sustainable cities in the Southern and Eastern Neighborhood.
The grant of 3,325,000 EUR was awarded for the modernization of Chișinău Public Transport and the attraction of know-how from more experienced EU cities. Lublin City Hall (Gmina Lublin) is a project partner and co-beneficiary in the current project and its team will support the Chișinău team in project implementation. The current project design was elaborated based on several reports and studies carried out in recent years with regard to how the public transport should be improved in Chișinău.
The objective of the project is to modernize Chișinău Public Transport system by:
- Ensuring a functioning policy dialogue between all relevant government and local public administration stakeholders;
- Ensuring the knowledge and expertise from Lublin and other European Cities to Chișinău; building capacity at local level and strengthening the traffic management capacities of local institutions;
- Ensuring the use of new technologies and innovation in traffic management and Public Transport management in Chișinău;
The main objective of the Logistics Officer is to assist the project in accordance with the:
- Standard Grant Contract signed between the City Hall and the EU Commission;
- The Description of Action (DoA), that is an Annex to the contract;
- The Project Budget;
- The Logical Framework;
- The EU Guidelines and Regulations;
- Applicable Local Law provisions.
3. PROJECT DURATION
The project duration is 48 months, starting February 2021. The Logistics Officer will be hired for an initial period of 12 months, with the possibility of contract extension. It is expected that the Logistics Officer will stay within the project until the very end of the project and the delivery of the final reports.
4. BASIC FUNCTIONS
The Logistics Officer is responsible for providing logistic support and overseeing the overall logistic processes in support of the objectives of the project. He/she is responsible for the planning, oversight and logistics support operations to ensure smooth accomplishment of planned activities.
5. SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all necessary administration and support functions, including Information and Communication Technology, Procurement procedures, Logistics;
- Draft TORs for tenders, coordinating and monitoring all procurement procedures and contracting;
- Monitor and evaluate the execution of the project contracts;
- Formulate and implement control procedures to safeguard resources and ensuring accountability at all levels;
- Participate in the preparation of project reports;
- Ensure support to events, conferences and visits for the project in Moldova, Poland and other EU countries;
- Support the translation of documents into Romanian and English;
- Provide travel arrangements for staff traveling outside/inside Moldova;
- Keep notes and minutes of working meetings;
- Performing other related duties as required.
6. SUBORDINATION: To the Project Manager.
7. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
University degree or Master degree in public administration, management, economics, finance, law or other related fields. An accredited training on project management is desirable.
Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency (including reading, writing and speaking) in Romanian and English is required. Russian will be considered an advantage.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office and other software for team working.
Other specific requirements:
- At least 2 year of related working experience in public governance, project implementation or private entities;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to understand and perform tasks in an efficient manner;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- The ability to prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment is essential;
- Ability to learn operatively and in the process of working on specific aspects relevant to the management of EU-funded projects;
- Knowledge of national public procurement procedures, knowing EU procurement system is an asset.
The Logistics Officer must regard all information, discussions, documents and reports that arise from this project as confidential. Only the EU Delegation, EU Commission and the Chișinău City Hall shall have the right to make public the details of this assignment.
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their CVs and motivation letters in English language and to participate in the contest via https://achizitii.md/ro/public/tender/21038304/.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a further interview.
Please send all inquiries related to the project to Mrs. Diana Guritenco, Head of the Foreign Relations Department, Chisinau City Hall: email@example.com, Phone/Fax: +373 22 229 140, Phone: +373 22 201 544.