Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Security Clerk
Duty Station: Chisinau, Moldova
Classification: General Staff Category, Grade UG
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Contract with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: March 15, 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the supervision of the Chief of IOM Chisinau Mission and direct supervision of the Administrative Coordinator the Security Clerk will be responsible and accountable for the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Performs day-to-day duties related to the safety and security procedures at IOM premises, this includes control of access of staff/visitors/applicants at entry/exit areas of the IOM offices.
- Issues building/visitors passes, when needed.
- Protects staff, office premises, and equipment.
- Ensures the visitor access procedures are in accordance with instructions. Prevents any visitor from freely wandering through the offices and ensures the rules of the premises to any visitor involved in repairs and maintenances of the building. Ensure to call the staff and inform when a visitor arrives and if required to escort the visitor to the staff’s office
- Reports any suspicious activity immediately and reacts quickly and appropriately to any emergency to ensure the safety of the staff and any visitors inside the premises.
- Assists in implementing emergency contingency plans.
- Routinely inspects the condition of all security equipment, including doors and windows, as well as the general condition of the office premises and reports any damage or deficiency.
- Checks that all office machines, air conditioners, lights, etc are turned off after working hours.
- Maintains an IOM logbook for any visitors to the premises if required.
- Patrol assigned areas; maintain continual surveillance against fire, water leakage, and any other action which could damage IOM premises or injure staff.
- Closing the office, after leaving of all staff members.
- Keeping the gate closed at all times, unless opened to permit entry/exit of vehicles
- Guarding the gated on 24/7 basis
- Any unusual activity such as parking of the vehicles or loitering of an individual near the gate to be immediately checked.
- Has a thorough understanding of UNDSS security management system, acquaint with the UNDSS field security handbook, completes the Basic Security in the Field training and is available for further skill development trainings.
- Reviews and makes recommendations regarding safety/security requirements of the office and liaises regularly with the mission security focal point on safety and security conditions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience:
- School diploma and at least two years of relevant professional experience in security management, law enforcement, or military discipline.
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage; and,
- Experience in high security/emergency settings is an advantage.
Fluency in Russian, Romanian. English is an asset.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.:
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Internals of the Organization will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send their curriculum vitae Romanian, English or Russian to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, indicate the position you are applying for and reference code in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 15 March 2021, however interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 05.03.2021 to 15.03.2021