REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Country: Republic of Moldova
Project: Power System Development Project
Credits Nos.: 6380-MD and 6381-MD
Assignment Title: Consulting services for performing the survey to measure the satisfaction of the community members with social engagement process under the Project
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): RFP no. 6380-A15
Market approach: Open / National
The Republic of Moldova has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Power System Development Project (PSDP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include carrying out a three-stage survey to determine the level of community satisfaction on the engagement process in the Project implemented by Moldova Energy Projects Implementation Unit (MEPIU). To this end, as part of the assignment, the Consultant shall elaborate a questionnaire that will cover project activities and all social engagement activities performed by the MEPIU and other stakeholders to attenuate the social impact of the Project based on information provided in the SEP.
During the preparation stage of the Project, a Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP) has been developed and revised at the detailed design stage, in compliance with WB’s Operational Policies and best international practice, in order to enhance public information and stakeholder engagement procedures. The SEP provides the methodology for stakeholder identification and analysis; stakeholders engagement; disclosure of information; consultation with stakeholders; addressing and responding to grievances; and reporting to stakeholders through the project life cycle including pre-construction, construction, operational, decommissioning, closure and reinstatement/restoration.
The immediate objectives of the survey and the analysis based on its outputs, will be as follows:
- to find out the perception of residents/members from the Project affected communities regarding MEPIU and other stakeholder’s performed engagement activities;
- to assess respondents’ awareness level, understanding and general attitude towards the implementation of the Project;
The tentative timeframes when surveys will be carried out during the main phases of Project implementation are:
- Survey #1 - Before the commencement of the construction works/design stage – February 2023;
- Survey #2 - During the construction works – tentatively February 2024;
- Survey #3 – At the completion of the construction works – tentatively May/June 2025.
The survey questionnaire should include, but not limited to, three sets of questions on:
- general satisfaction with the quality of social engagement process;
- degree of communities’ members awareness regarding the Project implementation;
- suggestions for the improvement of engagement activities, including public consultations to be conducted by MEPIU.
The results of the surveys will be reported to the World Bank as Intermediate Results Indicator for improving the engagement and communication activities to be performed during the Project implementation.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found at the following websites: https://mepiu.md/rom/licitatii and www.moldelectrica.md, or can be requested at the e-mail given below.
The Moldova Energy Projects Implementation Unit now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- General experience as a research company and in-house research capacity for at least ten (10) years prior to the applications submission deadline.
- Specific experience in conducting social surveys, focus-group discussions, in-depth interviews for at least seven (7) years prior to the applications submission deadline.
- Proven experience in evaluating the impact of public awareness and consultation campaigns, project impacts, customer satisfaction, during the last 5 years.
- The Consultants should demonstrate availability of the key experts for the performance of the services described in the TOR. Note: Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection Based on the Consultants’ Qualification (CQS) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 9:00 to 17:00 local time in the Republic of Moldova.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail or by e-mail) by COB on December 09, 2022.
Moldova Energy Projects Implementation Unit (MEPIU)
Attn.: Aurelia Samson, MEPIU Director
1, Alecu Russo Street, Block A1
Floor/Room number: sixteenth (16th) floor, office 163
Chisinau, MD-2068, Republic of Moldova
Tel./Fax: (+373 22) 49 67 90