EU Funded Twinning project “Strengthening supervision, corporate governance and risk management in the financial sector” MD 20 ENI FI 01 21 R2 (MD/36)
Vacancy for Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA) – Assistant
Purpose of the post: To provide assistance to the Resident Twinning Adviser during the implementation of the EU funded Twinning project dedicated to the financial sector of the Republic of Moldova “Strengthening supervision, corporate governance and risk management in the financial sector” MD 20 ENI FI 01 21 R2 (MD/36).
The above-mentioned Twinning project is an EU funded joint project between Romania, represented by the National Bank of Romania (BNR) with the support of the Financial Supervisory Authority (ASF) and the National Authority for Consumer Protection (ANPC), the Netherlands, represented by De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB), Lithuania, represented by the Lietuvos Bankas (LB), and the Republic of Moldova, represented by the National Bank of Moldova (NBM) and the National Commission for Financial Markets.
- Assisting the RTA in the day-to-day implementation of the project;
- Undertaking general administration duties required for the project implementation. Taking care of mission preparations and filing mission reports/overviews, time sheets and mission certificates;
- Maintaining filing systems and arranging for the exchange of information between project participants;
- Ensuring efficient office management. Organisation of a document storage system;
- Preparing the quarterly Project Steering Committee Meetings, workshops and conferences, including organisation of venues, catering, technical support, preparation of invitations of Moldovan specialists and media;
- Providing translation and interpretation, when required, by the RTA and/or visiting experts;
- Support of the RTA in public relations work;
- Drafting minutes of meetings;
- Drafting written materials with relation to the project in Romanian and English, e.g. reports,
- Performing of necessary office management tasks, including record keeping;
- Accounting of project expenditures (so called “petty cash expenses” on site);
- Arrangement of videoconferences/virtual missions/study visits/trainings with MS Teams, Webex, Zoom or comparable video conference systems.
1. University Degree in Economics (Banking), Public Administration, Law or Management;
- Fluent in spoken and written Romanian with an excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Computer skills (MS Office: Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Comprehensive experience in office management and project administration;
- A good understanding of working with the Moldovan Public Administration;
- Experience in organising workshops and meetings;
- Good knowledge in handling of online-video conferences/seminars (MS Teams, Zoom, WebEx and comparable);
- Experience in public relation works (for ex: development of layout and content for flyers, brochures);
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Practical experience in day-to-day provision of translation and interpretation support to international advisors/experts.
The following criteria constitute an advantage for the RTA Assistant Position:
- Experience in international donor funded projects, for example: EU funded projects, such as Twinning projects;
- General professional experience in the financial sector (banking, insurance or securities market).
Duration: maximum 22 months, until 17 October 2023.
Position is based in Chisinau, the Republic of Moldova.
Contract type: fixed term service contract.
Mandatory Requirement: “The project assistant shall not have been in any contractual relation with the Beneficiary Country public sector at least the 6 months preceding their hiring”, (see Twinning Manual, section 188.8.131.52).
The selected person will be a self-employed independent consultant under a Service Contract and will undertake full responsibility for the payment of all taxes and obligations deriving from the legislation in force in the Republic of Moldova, including for those related to medical and social insurance.
The candidates should send the application by e-mail to twinning-MD@bnro.ro, marked “RTA Assistant”.
Application deadline 21.12.2021 (17:00, Chișinău time).
The following documents should be sent in scanned versions:
- CV and cover letter in English (highlighting strengths), both in PDF Format. The required CV format can be found at the following link: https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae;
- Certificate of educational qualification;
- Statutory declaration available for download here;
- Identification Card or Passport (copy).
- Preliminary selection of applications and submitted documents. Only the candidates who meet the criteria will be invited for the next stage.
- English written test (using the e-mail address they have indicated in their CV). Based on the test results, the candidates that have received a grade higher than 7, will be invited to the final stage.
Observing the pandemic precaution measures, the examination procedures will take place remotely.
For the written English test, the candidates must be equipped with functional equipment (computer/laptop with internet access). For the interview, the equipment must be suitable for conducting a video conference, respectively computer/laptop that allow the use of a microphone and webcam.