UNICEF Moldova is seeking a National Individual Consultant to document the country practices of children and adolescents’ meaningful participation through pupils’ councils, including showcasing the best practices and examples to advance child/adolescent participation in countries of the ECA region, as well as to provide technical support to the Ministry of Education and Research to further strengthen national and local pupils’ councils in Moldova.
Qualifications and experience
- Postgraduate diploma or degree in education, law, sociology, social policy or other relevant field;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in the area of child participation, non-formal education and youth policy development and evaluation;
- Previous engagement in capacity gap assessment;
- Proven knowledge of international human and child rights standards (United Nations and European Union standards);
- Experience in working with the Government of Moldova, schools and local public authorities;
- Experience working with UNICEF or other UN Agencies;
- Proven experience in writing qualitative research reports and capacity gap assessments;
- Fluency in Romanian language, possession of Russian language;
- Professional level of English, with good abilities in reading and writing.
HOW TO APPLY: To read more detailed information and apply for this position, please visit UNICEF webpage: https://www.unicef.org/moldova/en/career-opportunities
Applications for this position must be received no later than on 16 December 2021
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply and become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.