Digital Media Specialist
Chemonics International in partnership with international subcontractor JE Austin seeks a Digital Media Specialist for the USAID Moldova Future Technologies Activity (FTA)
The Future Technologies Activity (FTA) continues USAID’s legacy of sector competitiveness programming, building on lessons learned and adaptions, relationships, and local partner trust achieved by previous programs over the past 15 years. Building on previous successes in facilitating the development of diverse local partners, FTA uses global market systems framework to continue to build capacity for sustainable, systemic progress while applying best practices to new partners and sectors. FTA co-creates systemic interventions with Moldovan partners to transform selected sectors by applying new technologies, promoting innovation, and integrating with global markets. FTA works in the following sectors: light manufacturing, information and communication technology (ICT), precision engineering, creative industries, and digital media.
The Digital Media Specialist will be embedded in the Mediacor Center of Excellence, responsible for supporting the Center and companies in film, VR/AR, surround sound, motion capture, 3D animation, and social media to improve the digital media industry infrastructure and ecosystem; expand skills development and training opportunities; attract investment in Moldova’s digital media industry; and support high quality content pre-production, production, and post-production.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works as an embedded Programs Director for Mediacor, leading strategic direction of the development and implementation of the Center’s space and programs.
- Designs and managesMediacorinterventions to achieve expected results in digital media sector based on co-creation and consultation with Mediacor and COR management, FTA, and USAID
- Supports the development and implementation of digital media sector strategywith stakeholders and partners
- Through MediacorCenter, works with SMEs and large firms in digital media sectors to improve their competitiveness, access new markets, and attract investment via new technologies, partnerships, marketing, innovation, and productivity improvements
- Strengthens Mediacor’s organizational andtechnical capacity to increase their financial sustainability, expand their ability to provide services to members, and elevate their capacity to co-design and implement interventions to support the digital media sector
- Worksclosely with select firms in the digital mediasector to improve financial and risk management capacity, including identification of opportunities and approaches for accessing SME finance, incentives, and new sources of co-production financing
- SupportsSME partners to identify and develop networking opportunities, both within and outside of Moldovato improve their competitiveness and growth potential
- Promotes employment and entrepreneurship in digital media sectors with partners and stakeholders
- Promotes cross-sectoral collaboration and integration of cross-cutting themes into interventions such as gender and social inclusion, digitalization, sustainability, etc.
- Conductsregular quality control checks ofimplemented activities
- Writes and producescommunications materials such as reports and briefings
- Represents the activity with key stakeholders as required, including donors, host government counterparts, project vendors,andthe international private sector as needed or requested
- Facilitates data collection, monitoring,and adaptation and learning with partners
- Participates in intervention and activity level collaboration, learning, and adaptation and contributes to activity reportingand annual planning
Performs other duties as necessary or assigned
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in media, creative industries, communications,and/or ICT
- Exposure to a wide range of SME goods and service industries, with prior experience working with groups of SMEs and business associations is preferred
- Degree in relevant field
- Demonstratedexperience developing, implementing, and monitoring technical andoperational plans as part of private sector, donor programming,
- Proven working knowledge of digital media sector trends, technologies, and stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with various industry stakeholders including the private sector, academia, the Government of Moldova, donors, and others
- Fluency in Romanianand proficiency in Englishpreferred with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness/ability to travel throughout Moldova, as needed, to deliver on the assignment
- Demonstrated ability to write clear reports and present them verbally.
- Experience implementing donor-funded programming preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Digital Media Specialist” in the subject line to email@example.com by January 10, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
Author: Chemonics International Inc.