Consultancy ToR for Graphic Designer
The Government of Sweden has entered into a delegated agreement with the European Delegation in June 2020 for the implementation of Startup City Cahul Project aiming to develop a regional ICT Innovation Center for the Cahul region. The National Association of ICT Companies has entered into an agreement with Sweden on September 15, 2020 for the implementation of the project.
The project is in line with the Annual Action Programme 2019 in favor of the Republic of Moldova and its Action entitled ‘EU4Moldova: Startup City Cahul’, based on the Commission Decision ENI/2019/042-243.
The overall objective of the Action is to harness and strengthen the potential of the digital economy and enhance regional competitiveness, its business and its investment environment.
Project specific objectives:
- Foster partnerships for innovation and entrepreneurship between the private sector, public sector and educational institutions in the region of Cahul;
- Promote technology, problem solving and creative solutions in learning and make STEM topics (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) more attractive for women and men, girls and boys;
- Facilitate the emergence of start-ups in innovative sectors; build their capacity and investment readiness.
02. Purpose and objective:
The consultant will act as the main expert and coordinator of the activities related to graphic design;
The Consultant will work in close collaboration with the assigned Deputy Project Director to ensure a proper match of donor procedures and local legislation to fulfill at best the assignment.
03.Main duties and responsibilities:
- Design digital graphic materials for Project digital presence, social media channels;
- Design printed materials for our events and other initiatives;
- Collaborate with internal team to create original content while maintaining project’s visual identity standards;
- Create visual stories from facts and information;
- Publications/ Reports lay-outing;
- Brainstorm and cooperate with the team on innovative ideas for Projects PR campaigns;
- Respond to project team day-to-day requests;
- Develop design ideas that work across media, i.e. website, social media, video, and print;
- Maintain quality and creative execution while on deadline;
- Work in a cross-functional, collaborative team environment;
- Follow all procurements rules of the organization;
- Maintain high ethical standards, avoiding any actual or perceived conflicts of interest.
- Development of Visual Identity for the EU4Moldova: Startup City Cahul Project;
- Integrate the project Visual identity into the project campaigns, products following visibility and branding regulations;
- Design of illustrations, info graphs, charts, presentation templates, and project distribution materials;
- Publications/ knowledge products layouts;
- Design of Illustrations, GIFs for Social Media channels and for the project webpage.
The consultant will report to the Project Director, or her designee, who will be responsible for supervising the consultants’ performance.
06.Period of performance:
The assignment will begin on/about January 2022 for the period of one year.
07.Level of effort:
The level of effort (LOE) in days needed for this assignment will be negotiated.
08.Requirements and qualifications:
- BA degree in information technologies, arts, design, or similar field;
- 1-2 years’ experience as a graphic designer;
- A well-put-together portfolio;
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and in Design;
- Talented Photographer;
- Fluent in Romanian, Russian, and English preferred;
- Good command of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Google Suite;
- Knowledge of image editing software will be considered a strong benefit (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, other);
- Good organizational skills, follow-through, and ability to handle multiple projects under deadline
- Reliable, accurate and systematic;
- Goal-oriented, independent, committed, innovative and motivated;
- Able and willing to learn and acquire new knowledge relevant to the position;
- Excellent social and interpersonal communication skills and team spirit;
- Keep attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving.
09.Place of performance
The graphic designer will perform his/her duties in Republic of Moldova.
Interested candidates shall submit CV and motivation letter, in English on email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 20, December, 2021 . The subject of the email will include the following information: Name/Surname/ Consultancy ToR for Graphic Designer /Startup City Cahul
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.