The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for VET Policy Adviser – Support to Ministry of Education and Research (MER) in implementing the dual Vocational Education and Training (VET) normative framework within its “Support to Vocational Education in the Field of Green Economy” Project.
This is a 6 months position starting on January 1, 2022 with the possibility of extension, subject to follow-on commission.
The primary role of the VET Policy Adviser – Support to Ministry of Education and Research (MER) in implementing the dual Vocational Education and Training (VET) normative framework is to provide policy advice and capacity development and to support a wide range of stakeholders and practitioners on producing the necessary structural and institutional adjustments for implementation of the Dual VET Law, in order to support achieving the Project's objectives. Along with policy advice activities, the VET PA is responsible for working with central and local government, but also with public and private institutions and third sector organizations to uphold and increase sustainability of VET system, while identifying new opportunities for strengthening the dual VET network by integrating and embedding "Green Economy" principles / criteria and approach into the mainstream VET system. The VET PA will also support the further extension of dual VET to the left bank of the Dniester River, considering the specificity and regional context as well as the issue of correlation and recognition of vocational qualifications.
He/she will actively contribute towards assuring efficient communication with project partners with which regular contact is maintained.
The permanent workplace for this position is planned to be established in Chisinau. The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- Together with the GIZ Project team, contributing to achieving the objectives and indicators of the GIZ “Support to Vocational Education and Training (VET) in the Field of Green Economy” Project;
- Assisting the Project manager and Project team in implementation and management of objectives and tasks concerning support to VET in the field of green economy;
- Providing high-level policy advice to the senior management of MER on establishing and consolidating an institutional platform for governing (dual) VET;
- Supporting the VET Department within the MER on producing the necessary structural and institutional adjustments for implementation of the Dual VET Law;
- In collaboration with central and local government, but also with public and private institutions and third sector organizations, develop existing and identify new opportunities for increasing the dual VET network, considering needs of local labour market and education offer by VET institutions;
- Fostering and supervising further development of dual VET system on the left bank of the Dniester River, considering the specificity and regional context as well as the issue of correlation and recognition of qualifications;
- Strengthening the "greening" process of VET Institutions by integrating the "Green Economy" principles / criteria in curricula and study plans and embedding “greening” approach into the mainstream;
- Promoting a sustainable development of VET system at national level by supporting the digitization of (dual) VET programs, developing of e-learning platforms, increasing the quality of teaching staff and rising the standards of the teaching-learning process;
- Setting up a permanent communication structure with VET institutions countrywide, apprentices and teachers involved in (dual) VET and collecting the required data and information for consolidating the approach;
- Assisting to define and document policy issues and providing potential solutions and good practices in the process of development, endorsement, introduction, and evaluation of policies/legislation regarding VET, while ensuring legislative coherence and coordination with the social partners, as well as international donors and development partners;
- Providing advice to key stakeholders from the private sector and social partners to identify trends and priorities for better shaping the demand of qualified workforce and make the information available to policymakers;
- Proactively facilitating all aspects of project implementation while ensuring adherence to deadline and contributing positively to teamwork;
- Provide substantial input to project reports, monitoring and ad-hoc reports and respond to any special reporting requirements of the relevant stakeholders.
- Bachelor and/or master’s degree in sciences, economy, education, political studies or similar;
- At least 5 years of professional work experience, ideally in governance with high level (i.e., Ministerial) expertise and/or education, with a focus on VET and/or private sector;
- Proven experience with promoting dual VET at decision-making (governmental) level, including creating the relevant normative and institutional infrastructure (legislation, competent bodies, etc.), experience in advising in reforming process of the education systems and governance in Moldova, advisory expertise within Ministry of Education, etc.;
- Previous expertise in cooperating with the private economic environment, educational institutions, and social partners, both on the central and regional level;
- Experience in coordinating complex multi-stakeholder processes;
- Proven track record in providing high-quality, development-relevant analysis and policy advice in areas such as policy planning processes and policy coherence;
- Excellent network within the governmental/NGO/industry environment in Moldova;
- Ability to establish and coordinate partner networks;
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies, digital competences and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- Fluency in Romanian, Russian and English;
- Excellent communication, drafting and presentation skills;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed;
- Outstanding analytical skills;
- Effective negotiation and moderation skills;
- Strong drafting, presentation and reporting skills;
- Ability to work in an international team;
- Willing and able to travel inside and outside the country;
- Driving license – category B.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 15th of December 2021, time 17:00 to the address email@example.com.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
This project is implemented with the financial support of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).