REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTANT SERVICES – LOCAL INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
Republic of Moldova
Moldova Emergency COVID-19 Response Project
Project ID No. P173776
Ref. no.: MD-MHLSP-229955-CS-INDV-2
Assignment Title: Waste Management Expert
The Government of the Republic of Moldova has received financing from the World Bank (Bank) toward the cost of the Moldova Emergency COVID-19 and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Waste Management Expert.
The objective of this assignment is to ensure compliance with environmental safeguards requirements, and health & safety in carrying out the Moldova Emergency COVID-19 Response Project (P173776) and the additional financing to the project.
The Waste Management Expert (part time position), together with Environmental Specialist, will be responsible for carrying out activities related to environmental safeguard arrangements (in area of waste management practices) for the Moldova Emergency COVID-19 Response Project (P173776).
The Waste Management Expert is responsible for the support to the beneficiaries on the subject of, control, monitoring and reporting of the waste management safeguards requirements in relation with all Project activities, including all civil-works related activities under the Project, as mentioned in the approved Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF) and Appraisal Environmental and Social Review Summary.
Consultant qualification criteria:
- University degree in environmental and geography sciences, economy, law, civil works; or similar;
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in assignments for environmental assessment, environmental management and waste management in wide range of activities;
- Experience in health waste management will be considered as an advantage;
- Knowledge of the Republic of Moldova’s legislation for environmental protection, health waste management and the World Bank’s environmental policies;
- Experience in operational health & safety regulations during construction works, will be considered an advantage;
- Previous experience with World Bank’s projects - will be considered as an advantage;
- Demonstrated experience for supporting, advising and/or collaborating with national public institutions on environmental safeguards and sustainable development etc.;
- Good interpersonal and communicational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in team;
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Fluency in English and Romanian (excellent writing skills, listening, reading, and speaking) required. Russian communication skills will be a strong advantage.
Waste Management Expert shall be engaged on a part-time basis (work load will be different during the year, but in general 20-30% of full working time will be required).
Deadline for presenting the Expressions of Interest is December 10th, 2021, 17:00 at the e-mail address: email@example.com, indicating the assignment title.