REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTANT SERVICES – LOCAL INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
Republic of Moldova
Moldova Emergency COVID-19 Response Project
Project ID No. P173776
Ref. no.: MD-MHLSP-262250-CS-INDV
Assignment Title: Environmental Specialist
The Government of the Republic of Moldova has received financing from the World Bank (Bank) toward the cost of the Moldova Emergency COVID-19 and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Environmental Specialist.
With this purpose, the Ministry of Health seeks to contract an experienced individual local consultant in order to ensure compliance with environmental safeguards requirements, and health & safety in carrying out the Moldova Emergency COVID-19 Response Project.
The objective of this assignment is to ensure compliance with environmental safeguards requirements, and health & safety in carrying out the Moldova Emergency COVID-19 Response Project (P173776).
The Environmental Specialist (part-time position) will be responsible for carrying out all activities related to environmental safeguard arrangements for the Moldova Emergency COVID-19 Response Project and its Additional Financing. See all Project’s Public Disclosure Authorized Documents.
The Environmental Specialist is responsible for the implementation, control, monitoring and reporting of the environmental safeguards requirements in relation with all Project activities, including all civil-works related activities under the Project, as mentioned in the approved Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF) and Appraisal Environmental and Social Review Summary .
Consultant qualification criteria:
- University degree in environmental and geography sciences, economy, law, civil works; or similar;
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in assignments for environmental assessment and environmental management in wide range of activities;
- Knowledge of the Republic of Moldova’s legislation for environmental protection and the World Bank’s environmental policies;
- Experience in operational health & safety regulations during construction works, will be considered an advantage;
- Previous experience with World Bank’s projects - will be considered as an advantage;
- Demonstrated experience for supporting, advising and/or collaborating with national public institutions on environmental safeguards and sustainable development etc.;
- Very good interpersonal and communicational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in team;
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Fluency in English and Romanian (excellent writing skills, listening, reading, and speaking) required. Russian communication skills will be a strong advantage.
Environmental Specialist shall be engaged on a part-time basis (work load will be different during the year, but in general 20-30% of full working time will be required).
Deadline for presenting the Expressions of Interest is December 10th, 2021, 17:00 at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the assignment title.