Position: Procurement Specialist
Reports to: Project Director
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Period of Performance: The project is estimated to end in July 2022
International Development Group LLC (IDG) is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to achieve sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. International Development Group LLC is seeking qualified Moldovan candidates for the role of Procurement Specialist for its Moldova Competitiveness Transition Activity (MCTA) in Moldova. The MCTA is a Buy-In from USAID Moldova to USAID’s Economic Development, Governance, and Enterprise Growth (EDGE) project.
The purpose of the MCTA activity is to support the tourism and light manufacturing sectors in Moldova. The project will be implemented through three grants to be awarded to three local organizations in Moldova, as well as a number of smaller in-kind grants to micro and small tourism businesses. It is expected that this activity will contribute to improved competitiveness of the Moldovan private sector in the mentioned sectors in a way that will promote inclusive and sustainable economic recovery and growth and move Moldova along its path to self-reliance.
The Procurement Specialist will manage and provide technical and administrative support to the planning, design, oversight, and implementation of in-kind grants to tourism enterprises under the MCTA buy-in activity. These grants will support innovative approaches that will enhance the growth and position of Moldova’s tourism industry in the region while bolstering national and regional economic growth and support the efforts of rebuilding and strengthening the Moldovan light industry.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all procurement awarded under MCTA to ensure their award and implementation comply fully with IDG and grant requirements.
- Purchase goods or services that meet the quantity and quality expectations of the organization.
- Prepare requests for proposals, requests for quotes, organize vendor selections, tenders and negotiation of awards for services and commodities.
- Contribute to the preparation of requests for approvals and/or waivers.
- Work directly with local vendors to obtain quotations and initiate procurements.
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts with vendors.
- Monitor contracts and purchase orders issued to vendors and follow-up as necessary to ensure compliance with terms and conditions.
- Track inventory and restock goods when needed.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and new products.
- Compare available goods with industry trends to determine appropriate pricing
- Support MCTA technical team in providing procurement-related training and other support to grantees, as appropriate.
- Conduct needs analyses of possible grantees and post-award audits during implementation and at close-out.
- Manage technical, administrative, and other support to the grantees during the implementation of grant activities.
- Monitor the use of the purchased equipment to ensure consistency with agreed technical plan and for compliance.
- Upload and maintain procurement files in compliance with USAID rules and regulations and IDG policies/procedures.
- Provide the required monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, including monitoring and compliance reporting.
- Other duties as necessary or assigned (ad-hoc assignments).
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience required in grants management or procurement
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in one or more countries in the Europe & Eurasia region required (Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Moldova, North Macedonia, Serbia, Ukraine).
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in economics, public administration, business management, social sciences, or a related field. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Working experience with donor programs is preferred but not required.
- Professional level of verbal and written fluency in English and Romanian required.
- Currently based in Chișinău, Moldova or willing to relocate.
This position reports to the EDGE Buy-In Moldova MCTA Project Director.
Send electronic submissions to email@example.com. Please submit your CV with “EDGE Moldova Competitiveness Transition Activity – Procurement Specialist” in the subject line; please do not forget to additionally indicate your name in the subject line of your e-mail.
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.