Impact Manager (full time)
Internews in Moldova
Type of Appointment:
September 1, 2021
August 31, 2022 (with a possible extension upon availability of funding and satisfactory performance)
Chisinau, Republic of Moldova /Hybrid Work
Closing date for Applications:
August 20, 2021
Internews in Moldova is looking for an Impact Manager to be hired in line with Internews’ Core Values and donors’ requirements.
Internews in Moldova is managing a variety of programs funded by USAID, the UK, SIDA, OSF, and the Kingdom of the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The projects aim to promote the development of an independent, professional media in Moldova that gives citizens access to a variety of perspectives and create a media sector that is more resilient to political and financial pressures. By focusing on the supply of and demand for objective information, these projects will strengthen the ability of independent media to fulfill its role as a watchdog over the government and serve as space for citizens to engage in public policy dialogue. On the other side targeted media literacy activities in all regions of the country will build consumer understanding of and demand for independent, reliable, and high-quality news and information. Moreover, Internews focuses on the legal enabling environment to reinforce existing protections for freedom of speech, facilitate better implementation of laws, and advocate for media sector regulation in accordance with international norms.
Impact Manager Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Impact Manager reports directly to the Chief of Party and leads, with the support of the M&E Assistant, the overall design and implementation of evaluation and monitoring systems, defines specific processes, methodologies and tools for planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning, accountability and reporting in line with Internews and project donors’ requirements. This position works closely with the programmatic team to support and ensure impact tracking at various stages, supporting the development of internal improvements and shifting strategies toward the analysis, reporting, and visual presentation of impact.
Projects Work Plans Development and Review:
- The Impact Manager works with the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, HQ staff and an Assistant in the development, coordinate drafting, and editing of Annual Project Workplans.
- Reviews Annual Work Plans on monthly and quarterly basis and verifies Monthly Activity Plans compiled by the Assistant.
- Jointly with the programmatic staff provides updated information, inputs and stages of the Implementation Plan in the frame of regular meetings on monthly basis.
- Supports the design and implementation of assessments and other surveys according to approved workplans.
M&E and Impact Data Management:
- Ensures that all sub-awards are developed and applies M&E plans that utilize realistic and relevant indicators and targets.
- Collects, verifies, and reports M&E data required in M&E plans in compliance with donors’ and Internews’ data quality standards.
- With M&E Assistant support manages systematic collection of data from all sub-grantees in accordance with their grant agreements.
- Oversees consistent application of M&E standards by subgrantees through regular monitoring visits and/ or online meetings.
- With M&E Assistant support monitors implementation of systems, processes and tools ensuring quality and consistency in data entry and reporting.
- Oversees technology integration for data collection, impact tracking, and reporting including but not limited to Internews software and tools.
- Works with the Chief of Party, regional M&E staff, Internews in Moldova team and local partners to coordinate, oversee and update, when necessary, the reporting and M&E framework and systems for the Internews projects in Moldova.
- Coordinates, compiles and produces the narrative reports per donor guidelines, with Internews in Moldova team assistance. Works closely with Internews HQ staff to revise the reports as necessary.
- Develops reporting templates and related reports across programs to report various outcomes.
- Presents Internews’ activities result and impact to donors and external audiences when necessary.
- Develops a systematic approach that supports identifying and capturing the impact of the project activities and results, success stories and work with the leadership program team to ensure they are promoted both internally and externally through a variety of products such as website and social media posts and project reporting.
- Manages M&E and impact management processes across the organization on a clear, regular schedule, as well as communicates to Internews staff and stakeholders.
- Ensures successful coordination of M&E processes and standards among
staff, stakeholders and Key Partners.
- Revises and manages the project related M&E and impact contracts with research companies and experts.
- Evaluates, consults, and approves the proposed design and implementation process, data collection tools and methodologies, formats of reporting etc.
- Based on M&E and impact data analysis and findings, guides the project management decision making, provides accountability to stakeholders, shares learning and demonstrates impact.
- Provides relevant Impact management and M&E training and mentoring for subgrantees and Internews in Moldova team.
- Creatively and passionately supports a culture of learning and collaboration, leads and motivates staff to work to the highest standards of excellence in impact tracking and contributes to sharing the results of the project for the wider public.
- Provides relevant Impact management and M&E training and mentoring for subgrantees and Internews team.
- Assists the Internews team in project communications materials, success stories, and event announcements as per donor requirements and Internews’ internal standards.
- Ensures that all Impact Management and M&E related processes, methodologies and tools are gender sensitive, inclusive and non-discriminatory.
- Understands and demonstrates commitment to upholding Internews' Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Relevant university degree, preferably with a focus on analysis, monitoring, evaluation and research related fields.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in monitoring and evaluation of internationally funded democracy and governance programs. Experience in monitoring media related projects preferred.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection/survey design, implementation and analysis, and learning experience.
- Good working knowledge of statistics and ability to obtain, analyze and interpret data and present findings.
- Data visualization skills and knowledge of relevant software to produce infographics.
- Familiarity with common assessment frameworks such as organizational capacity assessments, and principles of survey design and analysis.
- Familiarity with online media audience statistic metrics and indicators is an asset.
- Proficiency in evaluating design and development of M&E indicators.
- Competent in MS Excel, word processing, Power Point.
- Experience working in challenging environments and ability to work discreetly and securely.
- Professional working proficiency in English and Romanian and proficiency in Russian required.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to produce high quality reports and to work strictly respected the established deadlines.
- Openness to interact with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion including a focus on self-awareness and
engagement of continuous learning around issues of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, CV including two references to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, COB, August 20, 2021, 6:00 p.m.
Please include “Impact Manager” in the subject line. For any additional questions please contact Internews in Moldova office: +373 60500570.
Internews is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from candidates from a range of backgrounds. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Applicants will be selected on a rolling basis. Internews in Moldova office will only respond to those applicants selected for an interview.
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.