The Fulbright Specialist Program pairs highly qualified U.S. academics and professionals with host institutions abroad to share their expertise, strengthen institutional linkages, hone their skills, gain international experience, and learn about other cultures while building capacity at their overseas host institutions.
Institutions that may be eligible to request a Fulbright Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Institutions of Higher Education
- Government Institutions (ministries or agencies, courts, parliamentary or congressional bodies)
- Cultural Institutions (conservatories, museums, etc.)
- Non-Governmental Organizations including non-partisan, issue-centered institutions and think tanks
- Medical Institutions (public health organizations, teaching hospitals, etc.)
Project activities may include, but are not limited to: delivering a seminar or workshop, consulting on faculty or workforce development, developing academic or training curricula and materials, lecturing at the graduate or undergraduate level, conducting needs assessments or evaluations for a program or institution.
For 2020 the priority areas are:
- Business Administration and Job Creation,
- Cyber Security and IT,
- Disaster Response,
- Media Literacy/Countering Disinformation,
- Public Administration and
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics).
As additional priority fields emerge during the year, additional funding may be available for projects in those areas.
The length of a Fulbright Specialist project must be a minimum of 14 days and a maximum of 42 days, including travel days and weekends. The projects should have a start date no earlier than January 1, 2020 and must be completed by the end of September 30, 2021.
Please note that this program requires contribution from the host institution by providing lodging, meals and local transportation expenses for the specialist.
If your institution is interested in hosting a Fulbright Specialist, please check about the eligibility at https://fulbrightspecialist.worldlearning.org/eligibility-host-institutions.
If you have any questions, please review this information: https://fulbrightspecialist.worldlearning.org/faqs-institutions .
And if you are interested to apply, please submit the application via the online project portal: https://worldlearning-community.force.com/FSPHost/WL_SiteLogin?startURL=%2FFSPHost%2F by December 30, 2019.