Republic of Moldova
Moldova Education Reform Project (MERP)
Credit No. 6181-MD
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan):: MERP/AF/CS/IC-06-1
Assignment Title:LeadingLocal Consultant to review and adjust the current financing formula for primary and general secondary educational institutions.
The Ministry of Education, Culture and Research (MoECR) has received financing from the World Bank Group toward the cost of the Moldova Education Reform Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for individual consulting services.
The objective of the assignment is to review and adjust the current financing formula for primary and general secondary educational institutions to improve the efficiency of the system for allocating public funds to schools and use of resources within schools, while increasing education quality.More detailed information is mentioned in the Terms of References that can be downloaded from MoECR web page at compartment „Public Procurement”.
The MoECR now invites eligible National Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
(i) General experience (30 points):
- University degree in economic field;
- Practical knowledge of the normative framework which governs educational sector activity;
- Proven experience with review of regulations governing education financing;
- At least 2 years of experience in international institutions/organizations/ projects in the area of education;
- At least 2 years of experience in working with state institutions, high level officials and central/local authorities.
(ii) Adequacy for Project (50 points):
- At least 5 years of experience in the area of education, finance and management, including in development of financing formula at national/international level (preferably in new EU members countries or Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) countries);
- Practical experience in analysis of data and preparing the basis for development and implementation of financing formula for state educational institutions;
- Knowledge and experience in assessing efficiency/cost-efficiency/cost-benefit.
(iii) Language and Experience (20 points):
- Excellent knowledge of Romanian language;
- Knowledge of Russian and English language would be an advantage;
- Experience with Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers” dated January 2011, revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09 00 to 17 00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by November 15, 2019 16:00 o’clock, Moldova local time.
Ministry of Education, Culture and Researchof the Republic of Moldova, MERP
Stefan cel Mare 180, 13th floor, room no. 1307,
mun. Chisinau, Republic of Moldova MD-2004
Attn: Sergiu Harea – Project Coordinator