The European Commission invites experienced civil society organisations from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine to apply for a new Call for Proposals for Strategic Partnerships for Capacity Development of Civil Society Organisations in the Eastern Partnership.
This Call for Proposals aims to help establish a pool of highly capable and trusted organisations, with which the European Commission will sign Financial Framework Partnership Agreements in order to enhance cooperation and coordination of actions and initiatives which strengthen the role of CSOs as governance actors in the EU's Eastern Neighbourhood.
Within this call for proposals the EU is aiming to select a total of up to 12 strategic partners and conclude Financial Framework Partnership Agreements with organisations that through their vision and actions, including financial support to third parties:
- design and test new ways (financing tools) to fund CSOs and work towards improving CSOs’ financial sustainability;
- adjust capacity development programmes to the specificities of the local communities;
- support CSOs in their own outreach and engagement with citizens and communities;
- support the development of professional not-for-profit management and strengthen internal control and governance;
- advance regional and thematic policy dialogue between civil society and relevant stakeholders.
Deadline for submission of full applications: 05/09/2019 at 12:00