JOB ANNOUNCEMENT FOR
PEACE CORPS MEDICAL ASSISTANT
LOCATION: Based in Chişinău, Moldova
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, contractual position
CLOSING DATE: August 1, 2017
This position is for a Personal Service Contractor supporting two medical doctors and working under the supervision of the Peace Corps Country Director in Chişinău and the Peace Corps Office of Health Services in Washington, D.C. Excellent English language skills are required.
- Assist medical doctors in medical procedures as directed.
- Accompany patients to appointments. Serve as a translator and advocate.
- Maintain medical records, equipment, and supplies.
- Provide daily administrative support to doctors.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Successful completion of a general nursing or medical school /university degree, and valid registered clinical licensure/diploma to practice in medical field.
- Progressively responsible related experience with knowledge of administrative medical duties related to health services. Clerical and secretarial experience desirable. Experience working with foreign patients preferred.
- Excellent English, Romanian fluency required, acceptable level of Russian required.
- Basic knowledge of administration of health units/facilities, including procurement of medical supplies and inventory control.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Power Point, Access, Outlook, and Excel).
Interested applicants for this position should submit the following:
1. Letter of interest in English
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae in English
SUBMIT APPLICATION IN ENGLISH TO:
Medical Assistant Application
US Peace Corps
Str. Grigore Ureche, 12
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please send as MS Word attachment)
Fax: 022-545022 Attention Medical Assistant Application
Drop-Off: Please leave your resume with the receptionist at the Peace Corps office to the attention of: Medical Assistant Application.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.