The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for a Junior Administrative Officer – Procurement and Contracting within its Country Office in the Republic of Moldova.
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- providing customer-oriented administrative services to projects/programs, experts, in the fields of service contracting and procurement of goods;
- providing advising services on contracting, tendering and procurement issues to the projects in Moldova;
- ensuring that GIZ regulations regarding procurement of goods and services are being applied by the GIZ Office Chisinau and projects;
- ensuring that all contracting procedures are in line with the national legislation;
- verifying the quality of Terms of References, work assignments, as well as goods/materials technical specifications provided by projects for tendering, and ensuring that a good quality is being obtained in this sense, by working all problematic issues with projects;
- performing the custom clearance for goods and materials, as well as related procedures and documentation;
- ensuring timely exchange of information between GIZ Country Office Moldova and projects;
- establishing good working relations with the relevant institutions and project partners in Moldova.
- Bachelor and/or Master’s degree in Law, Economy, International Economic Relations or other areas relevant for the implementation of described responsibilities;
- at least 2 years’ professional experience in a comparable position with financial/administrative responsibility;
- very good working knowledge of IT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office); previous experience with SAP system would be an asset;
- fluent written and oral knowledge of the Romanian and English languages, Russian would be an asset, knowledge of German would be a definite asset;
- experience in working with international organisations and/or projects, ability to work in an intercultural environment;
- outstanding organisational skills, ability to multitask and reply to inquires upon short notice;
- valid driving license and active driving skills;
- very trustworthy and loyal;
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures to be agreed with management;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 07th of September 2020, time 17:00 to the address email@example.com.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.