Republic of Moldova
Moldova Higher Education Project
Reference No.: MHEP/CS/IC-01
Assignment Title: Higher Education Improvement Program (HEIP) Officer to assist and provide technical support to the Ministry of Education, Culture and Research under the implementation of the Higher Education Improvement Program (HEIP) under the Moldova Higher Education Project (MHEP)
The Ministry of Education, Culture and Research (MoECR) has received financing from the World Bank Group toward the cost of the Moldova Higher Education Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for individual consulting services.
The HEIP Officer shall provide technical assistance to the MoECR in implementation of HEIP activities under Component 2 of MHEP. The Consultant will be responsible for supervising all financial management and procurement activities for the beneficiaries of improvement programs. The HEIP Officer will participate in review and evaluation of improvement programs proposals, and will be responsible for monitoring of subprojects implementation and reviewing of progress reports prepared by the beneficiaries of improvement programs.
For more information, please see the Terms of References.
The MoECR now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The Consultant should meet the following minimum qualifications requirements:
- University degree in economics, public administration or related field;
- Good knowledge of the higher education sector of Moldova and their needs with experience in implementing tools and/or programs to support higher education sector or other relevant sector in Moldova (at least 3 years);
- Previous experience working with the Bank - supported projects would be an asset;
- Practical experience of working in the field of grant management and monitoring, with knowledge of the Bank or other IFIs’ procurement procedures, will be a strong asset;
- Proven experience of working with national authorities, programme/project support or other relevant fields is an advantage;
- Strong communication and teamwork skills;
- Fluency in Romanian and English and ability to develop documents in English;
- Computer proficiency (Windows, MS Office, Internet Explorer).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016, Revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the „Open Competitive Selection of Individual Consultants” method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09 00 to 17 00 hours.
This consultancy is a full-time assignment expected to begin in September 2020 and the contract will be signed for a period of 12 months. Subject to Consultant’s satisfactory performance, the contract may be renewed until the Closing Date of the project. The applications should include letter of Expression of Interest, CV, and related recommendation letters, if any.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by September 1, 2020, 16:00 o’clock, Moldova local time.
Ministry of Education, Culture and Research of the Republic of Moldova, MHEP
Stefan cel Mare 180, 13th floor, room no. 1307,
mun. Chisinau, Republic of Moldova MD-2004
Tel/fax: 022 23-25-02
E-mail: [email protected]