Deadline August 13, 2020
Open to international and national experts
Internews in Moldova is looking for an expert (national or international) to consult two leading investigative journalism groups in Moldova on developing more engaging and visual story presentations for various audiences, as well as packaging and promoting investigations for/across various platforms (including social media). The consultant will coach relevant staff members (reporters, editors, video editors, etc.) of these media outlets on making an impactful video story, starting with an idea, and ending with promotion. It is about complex investigations packaged into diversely formatted stories that blend facts, and images with relevant soundtracks, professional voice overs, infographics, and emphatic approach in presenting a story. The selected consultant will provide a two-day in-house or online consultancy for each media outlet, if there will be restrictions, including international, related to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Four days of coaching for relevant staff members from two investigative journalism groups from Moldova on investigative content presentation and promotion;
- Individual recommendations and implementation steps for each of the consulted media outlet;
- A report that highlights all recommendations for the organizers, media outlets and the trained individuals;
- Create an evaluation plan (pre and post training questionnaires) to be able to report to Internews the results and impact of the delivered assistance.
Period of implementation
September 14-17, 2020
All interested experts should submit:
- An updated CV, including two references with contact details;
- Three investigative products (links) made by the expert and/or by the team he/she represents/leads;
- Proposed daily rate based on previous similar experience.
Please send the requested documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Training for creative investigations” in the subject line by August 13, 2020.
For any additional questions, please write at email@example.com or call +373 60500570.
This training is part of the USAID and UKaid funded project “Media Enabling Democracy, Inclusion and Accountability in Moldova” (MEDIA-M), implemented by Internews in Moldova, which aims to promote the development of an independent, professional media, and to create a media sector that is more resilient to political and financial pressures.