IREX Europe is a not-for-profit organisation based in Lyon, France. We provide innovative programmes to support human rights and strengthen independent media and media education. The IREX Europe approach emphasizes partnerships with local development organisations to expand capacity, build sustainable institutions and affect change through training, partnerships, education, research and grant programmes.
IREX Europe is looking for an experienced Project Manager Consultant based in Moldova for a 4-year project with the aim of strengthen Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and support them through the COVID-19 pandemic. The Consultant will be responsible for leading, managing and monitoring the project activities in Moldova, with a strong focus on organisational consultancy and capacity development for CSOs. The position is Moldova-based, with potential for travel in the other countries targeted by the project.
This is a full-time position and you would work alongside a second Project Manager.
The Project Manager Consultant will be required to work in proactive cooperation with the IREX Europe Project Management team in Lyon and Moldova. Co-working space will be provided if required.
- Plan, manage, implement and monitor the project activities in Moldova (small grants, needs assessment, trainings, evaluation meetings, etc.)
- Manage small grants provided to CSOs in Moldova, including the development of calls for applications, participation in the selection of grantees, coordination with the supported CSOs, mentoring of grant implementation, monitoring visits, checking and approval of financial and narrative grant reports, coordination with IREX Europe in France to ensure payments, etc.
- Proactive involvement in capacity development activities including mentoring CSOs and training (depending on the skills of the chosen applicant), identification of other capacity development experts.
- Co-ordinate the other capacity building consultants who will support the project activities
- Regularly communicate with the IREX Europe team in France on project progress, small grant implementation, success stories, challenges faced in order to identify corrective measures, etc.
- Formal education – degree/masters in a relevant field of study (law, human rights, development, project management, social studies, international relations, etc) and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- At least five years’ experience in project management, grant management and support to CSOs
- A thorough knowledge and network of contacts of civil society organisations in Moldova
- Ability to work independently and on a flexible schedule, with excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Romanian
- A good level of Russian
- A good knowledge of Moldovan media
The consultant will be recruited under a full time (100%) consultancy contract for 48 months, with a start date on 1 August 2020. Fees dependent on experience and in compliance with the IREX Europe project consultancy scale.
If you are interested please send a CV and motivation letter to Victoria Stephens (email@example.com) before the 17 July 2020.
If pre-selected, you will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.