The project ”Technical Assistance to support CSOs development in the R. Moldova”, financed by EU Delegation to the R. Moldova and implemented by a consortium led by KMOP Greece, is hiring 1 (one) Junior non-key expert (JNKE) for supporting forty-one (41) Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) through delivering of two consecutive practically oriented trainings, one day each, on how to organise public events, with the participation of donors, local public administration and representatives of the community.
Activity 2.1 Institutional capacity development of local CSOs
Sub-activity 126.96.36.199. Fundraising strategies for CSOs / Involvement of CSOs in Community
The Expert will be recruited by the KMOP-led Consortium of the EU-funded (EuropeAid) project in the Republic of Moldova entitled “Technical Assistance to support CSO development in the Republic of Moldova”, (EuropeAid/138197/DH/SER/MD-Relaunch).
The overall objective of the Technical Assistance (TA) contract is to contribute to the development of civil society in becoming a stronger actor, including in actively participating in decision and policy making and implementation processes of the EU-Moldova Association Agreement with the aim of enhancing domestic accountability and transparency.
Within the purposes of the TA contract, relevant for the present assignment, are:
- Technical assistance to EU grant beneficiaries to implement EU funded projects and to comply with EU rules and procedures and,
- Monitoring of grant achievements under the Civil Society Facility.
The primary purpose of the actions financed within the grant scheme under the Civil Society Facility is the provision of financial support to third parties. The Call for Proposals was designed in such a way as to allow small, grassroots organisations to cooperate with larger, well-established applicants through the mechanism of financial support to third parties. Grassroots and smaller organisations cannot often apply directly for EU funding, so the arrangements under the Call gave them access to EU funds, as sub-grantees.
The consultant is expected to deliver a two (2) one- day practically oriented trainings having as a subject the organisation of public events – main rules.
The overall objective of the training is to enhance the knowledge and skills of local CSOs to organise better public events following all necessary steps and thus to become a stronger actor in social / community life.
The training should target local CSOs in collaboration with donors, local public administration and representatives of the community;
The objectives of the training programme are to capacitate local CSOs in organising public events according to rules and regulations of the donors, public authorities and for building efficient collaboration with local communities.
The main tasks or the assignment are:
- To develop the training programme, which is expected to include at least:
- Event planning: defining main objectives of the event, drafting the programme, the agenda, the list of participants, invitations to participants, etc.;
- Logistics: event premise, decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, equipment, etc.
- Visibility plan of the event: promotional materials, responsibilities of the event planner/organiser, including the cooperation with marketing and PR to promote and publicise the event, press release, if applicable etc.
- Practical examples/templates for all steps as described above.
- To deliver two interactive trainings/workshops, one day each, based on the elaborated training programme accompanied with practical examples/ templates.
The training/workshop might be delivered physically OR remotely, depending on the further development of the pandemic restrictions due to the Global COVID 19.
- To draw up the report of the training based on the set objectives.
- To systematise and present the FAQs (Frequently asked questions and answers).
Minimum selection criteria:
- University degree or equivalent higher education degree in a relevant field for the assignment (Economics and Finance, Law, Social Science, Communication, Marketing, Political Science, Education or related field) or at least five (5) years of equivalent professional experience above the minimum requirement below;
- At least three (3) years of work experience in his/her area of expertise and relevant to the required task;
- At least three (3) years of progressive work experience in events organising;
- Proven skills for delivering trainings in the field of communication & visibility, events organising, working with various international and domestic donors.
- Previous work experience in EU funded projects in ENI East countries, including the Republic of Moldova, is an asset.
Competences – knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Able to work autonomously; respect the required confidentiality and ethical rules, and communicate effectively with different stakeholders;
- Proven ability to produce quality outputs and keep deadlines;
- Proven communication and presentation skills;
- Good command of the Romanian and Russian languages is compulsory;
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken;
- Computer literacy, especially Word and Excel;
Input in working days:
Five (5) working days all spent in Moldova (Chisinau and outside Chisinau), which will be split as follows: two (2) working days for preparation of the training program, two (2) working days for delivery of training session, one (1) working day for reporting.
Estimated timing: 1st of July - 31st of August 2020
Deadline for application: Thursday, 25th of June 2020
Please send your CV in EuropeAid format to the following email address: [email protected]