Tekwill has been designed as a national public-private partnership between the Government of Moldova, USAID, Microsoft, and IBM to answer the needs of the ICT industry to close the gap of the human capital shortage, as well as support the development of the entrepreneurship ecosystem. The initial goal of the projects to contribute to the extension of the Tekwill project as a sustainable network and deploy its programs on a regional/national level. The project aims at determining the operation mode of the network, determining business plans for the relevant created centers or partners in the regions, deploy scalable activities to connect an estimated of 150,000 people to ICT (school and university students, community, etc.), deploy entrepreneurship programs aiming at both scaling up existing programs, as well as create inclusive innovation platforms for the regions with their respective specifics and potential to absorb/apply ICT. We envision a minimum 10,000 beneficiaries/year for each direction (education and entrepreneurship) As a result of the project, 2 main outcomes of the project are expected: more and better-qualified skills and the workforce developed leading to a stronger ICT industry in Moldova, as well as creating the premises for a Startup Moldova program driving opportunities for companies seeking capitalization.
One of the main components for Tekwill next phase is developing a Startup Moldova program: Startup Moldova intends to boost economic growth in Moldova, by providing employment through innovation, increasing the use of ICT and digital, support cross-sector collaboration and retain or create new jobs that are less likely to be outsourced.
Startup Moldova ensures infrastructure and programs that are in place to support digitalization and startup mindset to create a high standard of living for all.
- offer an insight into the startup ecosystem of Moldova
- provide startups with funding opportunities
- offer support, legal and fiscal information to startups and investors
- give useful resources
- link Moldova’s Startup Ecosystem with global opportunities (startup competitions, accelerators, funding organizations, etc)
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the project's timeline
- Communicate with the stakeholders
- Develop project documentation
- Submit reports
- Coordinate the activities of the other stakeholders involved in the project
- Collect and evaluate data
- Attract if required new partners
- Oversee the communication of the activities
Specific Roles, Responsibilities, and Functions
- Draft and develop project related documentation
- Supervise technical documentation
- Develop and ensure the required legal, financial and other related documents
- Report regularly to the Senior Project Coordinator, respectively if required to USAID/Sweden, where appropriate, regarding decisions to be made, activities are undertaken, and progress.
Knowledge, skills, training, and experience
- A good understanding of the Startup mindset, strong existing networks throughout the Startup Ecosystem
- Prior experience in project management
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent English, Romanian and Russian
- Passionate about technologies and their implementation in nonIT
- Ability to manage a large number of tasks, people and stakeholders
- Project Documentation
- Monthly reports
- Scheduled timelines
- Any other documentation that is required for the best reach of the set forth results
Please, indicate - Project Manager Startup Moldova Program, in the subject line.