Position Title: Municipal Services Specialist, south tactical team
Program: Comunitatea Mea
Location: South region of Moldova
Summary of the Comunitatea mea Program:
Comunitatea Mea (CM) is a five-year, USAID-funded program that is strengthening local government in Moldova to become more effective, transparent, and accountable to citizens. The program is facilitating Moldova’s decentralization process, building local government’s capacity to meet citizens’ needs, and strengthening citizen confidence that democratic institutions improve their quality of life. To do so, Comunitatea Mea provides comprehensive assistance to local public authorities in communities throughout Moldova, who engage civic groups and businesses to improve public services.
Tetra Tech is a subcontractor to the prime CM implementer, IREX. Under this subcontract, Tetra Tech requires the support of a Municipal Services Specialist, who will be a member of regionally based, South tactical team with the primary responsibility to support elected LPA officials and staff in assigned municipalities to establish meaningful engagement with their constituencies in municipal services improvements and community development. S/he will report to the Local Governance Advisor. The position is regionally based with travel as needed throughout Moldova.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Carry out assessments of the current situation and capacities in the target LGUs and identify potential service improvement and local economic development priorities;
- Assist in planning of short- and long-term technical assistance activities for selected local government units in line with the overall CM workplan;
- Support target LGUs in project identification, preparation and implementation according to the CM Construction Plan requirements;
- Support target LPAs to identify opportunities for inter-municipal cooperation for service delivery and economic development;
- Assist target LPAs in mapping administrative services and developing service improvement action plans;
- Explore public libraries from selected partner municipalities as a potential platform for educating/encouraging citizens on the use of existing and new e-services;
- Carry out assessments of social services in the LPAs mandates and identify potential activities to improve quality, diversity and coverage of provided services;
- Identify opportunities for public-private partnerships in the improvements of social services;
- In coordination with other colleagues, provide day-to-day guidance to municipalities in the implementation of activities to improve municipal service delivery, planning, management, and increases in revenue;
- Develop and oversee mechanisms to involve civil society, businesses and other actors in strengthening local governance on a sustained and continuing basis;
- Cooperate with CM Local Governance Advisor and Tactical Team experts in implementation of technical activities;
- Lend expertise to quality assurance and quality control of related technical activities;
Quality Assurance and Reporting:
- Ensure that relevant technical elements of the work plans are successfully implemented;
- Participate in weekly/bi-weekly project team meetings to discuss progress against the work plan, upcoming activities, and events;
- Provide inputs for the drafting of the project monthly and quarterly reports for USAID, as well as drafting other project updates and work plans as requested by COP or DCOP; and
- Provide support to the Monitoring and Evaluation team;
- Contribute to team effort by undertaking additional tasks and responsibilities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in public administration, economics, or related field required. Master’s degree is preferred.
Work experience: At least 5 years of experience in community development, service provision, project preparation/implementation and strategic planning, preferred at the municipal level. Experience on USAID-funded projects is an advantage.
Skills: Thorough knowledge and understanding of municipal services provision and economic development, inter-municipal cooperation, strategic planning and investment programming process in Moldova and its challenges. Proven experience of converting municipal strategic planning objectives into pragmatic implementable projects. An understanding of how to effectively carry out technical assistance activities at the local level. Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated pro-active approach to problem solving. Proficient in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Word.
Languages: Fluency in Romanian, English and Russian required.
Submit a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com. Please include “Municipal Services Specialist” in the subject line.
Deadline: May 13th, 2020 at 18:00 (6:00 pm).
*Applicants will be selected for an interview on a rolling basis.
Vă place portalul CIVIC.MD? Vă invităm să contribuiți lunar cu suma de 1 Euro pentru menținerea portalului.
Click AICI pentru a contribui lunar (Card Bancar sau PayPal)
Toate serviciile comerciale oferite de portal până recent au fost suspendate. Dacă reușim să acoperim minimul necesar din aceste contribuții - toate spațiile pentru bannere vor fi oferite gratuit organizațiilor necomerciale sau agenților economici cu puternice elemente de responsabilitate socială. Absolut toate serviciile vor fi gratuite!
Sperăm că vă veți alătura!