Context: “Supporting Inclusive Dialogue and Strengthening Capacities for a Better Functioning Gagauz Autonomy in Moldova”, is a three-year project bringing together legislators, experts and interested parties from Chisinau, Comrat and across Moldova to find joint solutions to issues related to multilevel governance linked to the Gagauzia autonomy. The project runs from 2019 to 2021, implemented by Crisis Management Initiative (CMI) and funded by Sweden.
The Policy Development component of the project aims to work with the Gagauz authorities to build stronger capacities in policy development and a clear vision of the autonomy in the policy areas of tourism, education, and culture, as an important step towards clarifying competencies and implementing them effectively. The policy development process seeks to determine strategic directions in the three sectoral spheres, either in the form of strategic policy goals or specific decisions on the implementation of strategic initiatives to be endorsed by the Gagauz authorities.
Objective of the Call: CMI is looking for an independent expert from the Republic of Moldova to provide expertise and to deliver the process of policy development on education of ATU Gagauzia within the “Supporting Inclusive Dialogue and Strengthening Capacities for a Better Functioning Gagauz Autonomy in Moldova” project.
Specific tasks of the Expert:
The Expert will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Draft jointly with the second area expert the policy document of ATU Gagauzia on education, based on CMI’s preliminary issues’ assessment and consultative process;
- Participate and contribute to the Policy Development Task Force (PDTF) meetings and events related to the preparation of the draft policy document on education (public consultation events) and incorporate the collected feedback into the draft;
- Provide general advice and expertise on education to the PDTF and the Project team;
- The assignment will imply frequent missions to ATU Gagauzia, therefore, the expert shall be able to participate in all the activities taking place in the autonomy;
- Perform other tasks required to support the activity of the PDTF in the education area.
Timeline: The assignment will start in May 2020 and will conclude no later than October 2021. The expert is expected to commit a maximum of 65 working days for this assignment.
Required skills and experience:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent of 5 years University degree) in education/pedagogy, public administration, social sciences, law or related areas.
- Training and certification in policy development and education policies would be an asset.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated knowledge and experience in the field of education in the Republic of Moldova;
- Strong analytical and writing skills demonstrated by previous assignments;
- Proven knowledge and experience in the development of public policies (concepts, national strategies, plans, etc.) on education is an advantage;
- Previous work experience in ATU Gagauzia and with Gagauz authorities would be an asset.
- Fluency in Russian is required (both oral and written form);
- Knowledge of Romanian and English is a strong asset.
Interested candidates are kindly invited to submit their application (in Romanian, Russian or English) by 11 May 2020 at the following address: email@example.com.
The application package will include:
- an updated CV including contact information of three references;
- a cover letter, explaining how the candidate’s profile fits the skills and experience required by this Call and specifying the requested amount (in EUR) per working day);
- samples of written work in Russian.
More details about the vacancy can be found on the following links:
English language: http://gagauziadialogue.md/open-call-independent-expert-on-education/
Russian language: http://gagauziadialogue.md/ru/open-call-independent-expert-on-education/
Romanian language: http://gagauziadialogue.md/ro/open-call-independent-expert-on-education/
Only preselected candidates will be contacted for an interview.