Job Title: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Finance Officer
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV with email to email@example.com mentioning in the subject line the title of the position “Finance Assistant”
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
As the Russian invasion expands in Ukraine, an enormous humanitarian crisis is developing across the country and region. The United Nations (UN) estimates that more than four million Ukrainians will be forced to flee the country if there is no cessation of the invasion, while millions of others will be displaced internally within Ukraine. Neighboring countries are quickly easing entry restrictions and preparing to host large numbers of refugees, as cars are lined up for miles on the Ukrainian sides of borders.
You will efficiently provide comprehensive information, clerical, and accounting services to assist the Finance Department in executing processes and delivering service needs that support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. As part of an experienced finance team you will deliver quality support in your role, applying clearly defined accounting and financial reporting processes, procedures and service standards.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Complete standard financial documents (vouchers, wire transfer requests, checks, etc.) following a sample template with prescribed guidelines and circulate as needed.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to financial transactions processing. Prepare, type, photocopy, and scan related documentation. File accounting and financial reporting documentation as instructed.
- Compile supporting documentation (liquidation/receipt package) to support processing of financial transactions. Communicate with staff, subrecipients, partners, suppliers to follow up on required documents.
- Perform data entry for financial transactions recording, following validation by the next-level Finance staff.
- Keep custody of various documents (e.g. blank/undelivered checks, fuel coupons, etc.).
- High School Diploma required. Professional diploma/Certificate or courses in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration a plus.
- Minimum of two years work experience in a similar role with some familiarity of standard accounting practices. Experience with an international organization a plus.
Required Languages – Spoken proficiency in English and Russian/Romanian required.
Travel – Not required. (Only in exceptional and/or limited cases)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented. Able to meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service ethic and abilities. Ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience using MS Office packages, in particular Excel and Word. Hands-on experience with data entry into online databases and forms.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
Internal: CRS Finance and Operations team, other CRS staff
External: Caritas Moldova, Ministry of Labor and Social Protection officials, local government officials, community and Church leaders, UNHCR, working group coordination coordinators
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer