HOME STAY COORDINATOR (One Position)
HOME STAY COORDINATOR (HFC) on a full-time basis for the period April – August, 2020 to assist with a 10-week training of U.S. Peace Corps Volunteers/Trainees, coordinating PCTs’ home stay safe integration, cultural learning and adjustment. Training sessions are conducted in small communities outside Chișinău.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Director of Programing and Training, and in coordination with the Training Manager:
- Identifies recruits and selects Moldovan host families for U.S. Trainees in Moldovan communities;
- Monitors and evaluates PCTs’ cultural learning, adjustment and integration through the Home Stay Program implementation;
- Monitors the HFs and PCTs relations during training and problem-solves issues and concerns;
- Plans, implements, monitors and evaluates the home stay program for PCTs and PCTs’ HFs;
- Identifies, arranges and monitors the logistics of preparation and implementation of hosting Resource Teachers and Counterparts for the duration of Practice Teaching weeks;
- In accordance with the Agency’s regulations provides safety and security support to U.S. Trainees;
- Serves as interpreter as needed with all levels of Government, financial and local business officials;
- Events may require occasional work in the evenings and on weekends and holidays;
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree required;
- Native fluency in Romanian, professional proficiency in English, working knowledge of Russian;
- Driver’s license and experience with SUV vehicles.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- General knowledge of Moldovan culture, communities, and professional norms is essential;
- Exposure to or experience with foreigners preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills and intercultural understanding;
Deadline for submission: February 20th
Please send the Resume and Cover Letter to MD-HR@peacecorps.gov
Please indicate the position title in the subject line.