Performs examination of vouchers and other claims for payment of goods and services, prepares and/or audits vouchers. Vouchers include vendor payments, leases, contracts, Official Residence Expenses and representational claim reimbursements, American allowances, monthly utilities and miscellaneous administrative documents for payment. .
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Two years of progressively responsible experience in voucher examining and processing, accounting, auditing, bookkeeping, disbursing funds or fiscal clerical work are required.
- At least two years of full-time post-secondary study (or the equivalent hours spread across a part-time study period) at college or university are required.
LANGUAGE:Level III (good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Romanian and Russian is required. (This may be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have good computer skills, including familiarity with MS Office suite (Excel, Access, Word, and Outlook) and be able to learn State Department specific software programs.
- Must have excellent organizational and analytical skills and be detail oriented.
- Must be able to research, interpret, and apply a variety of financial and procurement regulations and policies.
- Must have good computing skills and be able to develop and use financial spreadsheets.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.