People in Need is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance, while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in Central/Eastern Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 20 years. People in Need has been working in the Republic of Moldova for the last 16 years and has an office in Chisinau.
People in Need is recruiting a Project Manager to be responsible for overall project and financial management of the anticipated Czech Development Agency grant – “Community planning of social services through public dialogue” – and provide support to the team through coordination of project implementation and liaison with donors, partners and stakeholders.
The intention of the project is to support development mechanism for community planning and social related services, based on real needs. This mechanism has the ambition to serve the public administration in Moldova to improve the planning system and services implementation of social protection programs. The project aims to build the capacity of actors at central government, public administration and social and related service providers in three target areas of Moldova to be identified in implementation of the Project.
B. SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Project Manager will be directly responsible for all components of management of the Project “Community planning of social services through public dialogue”. The Project Manager will work in close coordination with People in Need’s senior management in Moldova, namely the Country Director, Finance Manager and Operations & Compliance Manager and will be the main point of contact for the donor, project partners and other project stakeholders.
C. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In a collaborative partnership with project partners and under the supervision of People in Need’s Country Director, the Project Manager is responsible for overall project management including project administration, finance/budget management, procurement, monitoring/evaluation, staff management, advocacy and reporting.
In particular, the Project Manager shall work to:
- Provide technical expertise in the project – Community planning of social services through public dialogue to ensure activities are implemented according to international best practices.
- Manage the performance of the team (project coordinator/project assistant).
- Manage the budget and assist in the development of cash-flow projections and budget forecasting.
- Ensure all project activities, procurement and spending are in compliance with both People in Need and donor rules and regulations.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor field activities, provide advisory support to team members and beneficiaries.
- Ensure programs are based on sound design principles utilizing PIN and donor required M&E systems and design a realistic M&E plan for the Project.
- Serve as a main contact person for the project partners, local stakeholders, other NGOs active in the field, government authorities and media.
- Responsible for all donor reporting and external communication of the Project.
- Provide support to the Country Director in identifying and pursuing fundraising opportunities.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
D. KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The successful candidate will be able to work without direct supervision, pay attention to details and will exhibit personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency, flexibility, respect for diversity, creative thinking and problem solving.
- Minimum 4 years of progressive management experience in the NGO field with a focus on civil society development programs.
- Knowledge of Moldovan health and social services sector (knowledge in the field of social inclusion is a strong asset).
- Understanding of and proficiency in the use of monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Experience in advocacy and capacity-building of CSOs.
- Experience with budget management, financial forecasting and donor compliance issues.
- Proven experience and good knowledge of office administration processes, procurement and techniques.
- Qualification – A university degree in a related field.
- Professionalism – Proven communication and negotiation skills with national level representatives.
- Planning & Organizing – Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
- Management – Ability to manage staff and contribute to the skills and capacity building.
- Communications – Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to explain and present complex information and prepare written documents/communications in a clear, concise style.
- Technology Awareness – Demonstrated experience with MS Office suite application particularly with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, social media skills represent an advantage.
- Teamwork – Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Fluency in English and Romanian (listening, reading, writing, and speaking) required. Russian communication skills are a strong advantage.
E. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to the Country Director and accountable to People in Need’s Senior Management in Chisinau and Headquarters in Prague.
F. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT
The position is required for 12 months with an expected start in January 2020.
G. SALARY RANGE AND BENEFITS
Salary will be defined according to PIN salary grid, depending on candidate’s experience. Possibility of salary increase based on performance.
Benefits: Per diems for the overnight field visits, and state health insurance.
H. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in English)
- Full CV (in English)
- Contacts of three references (could be included the supervisor in the most recent work assignment).
The above shall be sent to the following address: email@example.com and use subject heading: Ref: Project Manager/Social.
Deadline for applications: December 8, 2019, by COB.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls please.