Job Title: Communication Assistant
CMI (Crisis Management Initiative) is an independent, non-governmental organization that works to resolve conflicts and build sustainable peace across the globe. CMI contributes to conflict resolution through mediation support, dialogue and capacity-building processes.
Within its Eurasia programme, CMI works to contribute to the peaceful resolution of disputes, particularly by supporting ongoing peace processes, facilitating dialogue among different parties, and enhancing regional conflict resolution capacities. In Moldova, CMI focuses its work on supporting the efficient exercise of Gagauzia’s autonomous powers within Moldova’s constitutional framework through building constructive dialogue between legislators from Chisinau and Comrat and finding joint solutions to common issues.
- Assignment objective(s):
The overall objective is to provide PR and communication support for the successful implementation of the project. The Communication Assistant will work together with the Project Team involved in the CMI’s project “Supporting Inclusive Dialogue and Strengthening Capacities for a Better Functioning Gagauz Autonomy in Moldova” (2019-2021), funded by Sweden.
- Specific responsibilities are:
- Managing the project website, editing and placing articles in Romanian, Russian and English;
- Managing the social media platforms of the project;
- Drafting activity and media monitoring reports for the project events;
- Media outreach and outreach to relevant project stakeholders and networks, including establishment of communication networks and regular communications;
- Ensuring continuous and efficient communication throughout the campaign, dissemination of information with the use of diverse tools and platforms, according to the needs and the objectives of the project;
- Elaboration of monthly reports on social media and webpage stats;
- Writing press releases from project activities and results for Moldovan media, and news pieces for CMI.
The successful candidate is expected to have:
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in similar positions;
- Previous working experience with international organizations and/or non-governmental organizations;
- Excellent communication and team working skills;
- Strong organizational and planning skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks;
- A flexible attitude and ability to work under pressure in challenging circumstances and to tight timelines;
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Wordpress;
- Previous experience with Graphic design tools is a strong asset;
- Full working proficiency in at least two of the three languages: English, Russian and Romanian;
- Commitment to CMI values and principles of neutrality;
- Previous experience with translations (Romanian – English – Russian) is an asset.
- Other Details
- The Communication Assistant will work closely with the CMI country team and local experts to ensure coherent preparation of any required assignment.
- The Communication Assistant will proactively participate in various activities e.g. workshops, retreats, meetings with stakeholders in Moldova and abroad organised in the framework of the project.
- Performance of the contract (and therefore payment) is based solely on working days. The Consultant will only be paid for days worked based on the daily fee rate agreed in the contract. The expected number of days per month is 18 days.
Please send your motivation letter and your recent CV, together with an indication of your expectation regarding daily consultancy fee, latest by 25 November by email with the reference “Gagauzia Communication Assistant” to email@example.com