Consultant for institutional development of patronage association
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in post-communist Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 20 years. People in Need has been working in Moldova since 2003, implementing projects in the field of economic development, civil society, and youth development and education. Organic agriculture is one of the economic development programs of intervention and this sector is supported by providing knowledge and know-how transfer to farmers interested in organic agriculture; promoting the demand of organic products on domestic markets and encouraging exports of organic products.
Profile of the consultant/advisor:
PIN is looking for a short-term consultancy professional skilled in providing consultancy for patronage associations. The basic qualifications should include:
- Educational background in business, management, marketing, patronage association management or related field
- Previous experience in conducting strategy implementation assessment
- At least 5 years of practical experience with consultancy in related field or management and marketing in Moldova
- Experience with organic agriculture value chain would be consider an advantage
- Fluent in Romanian and English both in writing and speaking
- Ability to make recommendations focused on results and impact.
The estimated time of the consultancy is 8 working days.
The objective of the consultancy:
is to support the PIN Moldova in the process of assessing the implementation strategy of MOVCA Patronage Association which will include following:
- Developing a system on internal working procedures to improve the organizational and information flow.
- Offering recommendations for the implementation of the MOVCA strategy (evaluate the results that were achieved so far; Identify lessons learnt, effectiveness of the approach, and provide recommendations for further implementation pathways).
The main tasks during the consultation will respect the following timeframe:
Preparatory phase (2 days):
- Meeting with PIN team
- Meeting with MOVCA team data collection
Implementation phase (4 days):
- Development of internal procedures, together with MOVCA team members (considering their input)
- Assessment of MOVCA strategy implementation (meeting with administrative council of the)
- Presentation of preliminary findings
- Development of the recommendations for the strategy implementation
Final report (2 days):
- Preparing a draft report with main findings, incorporate the team’s feedback, delivering the final report.
- A system for internal working procedures
- A report on actual MOVCA strategy implementation and recommendations for the future
- A final report on performed activities.
*Attendance sheets, pictures, another related documents, are the part of deliverables.
Georgraphical scope: Chisinau
The transportation costs for the Evaluator’s field trips will be included in the financial offer.
Applications for evaluation should be submitted by email to email@example.com and use subject heading: Ref. Consultant for institutional development of patronage association
Deadline for applications: December 8, 2019 by COB
All documents should be presented in English.
Application package will include:
- Curriculum Vitae or resume
- A short Cover Letter in English
- The financial offer with description of activities and estimation of prices per day in EUR (net amount)
- A sample of a prior Assessment Report
- Recommendation letters from previous assignments.
Selection criteria of the Offer will be as follows:
- The best offer price (40%)
- Proven relevant experience (60%).
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- Incomplete applications will not be assessed.