PH International (Project Harmony, Inc.)
Legal Socialization in Moldovan Schools Program (MLSP)
Location: Chisinau, Moldova.
Applications must be Submitted by: November 10, 2019
Anticipated Start Date: December 1st, 2019
This position will require travel to locations throughout Moldova
PH International (Project Harmony, Inc.), an innovative, not-for-profit organization working across Eurasia since 1985 (https://www.ph-int.org/), seeks an experienced professional to work as the Program Coordinator in Moldova for an upcoming program.
The Moldova Legal Socialization Program is a two year pilot initiative that is expected to expand into a multi-year program with U.S government funding. The program will work with youth in the process of developing understanding, attitudes, ideas and behaviors about the law. PH International’s approach to legal socialization seeks to contribute to the reduction of juvenile crime and increase public safety through an integrated approach that educates youth on the law, raises community awareness on juvenile justice issues, and develops cooperative partnerships between youth, educators, law enforcement and juvenile justice professionals. School-based legal socialization activities will bring together teachers and law enforcement officers as a team for preventive work, educating students while building trust between youth, teachers and the police.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Serve as a primary liaison with policing, education and local community representatives.
- Develop Program’ annual work plan.
- Provide and coordinate activities and trainings to key stakeholders as defined by the work plan.
- Work with Program/Country Director to communicate a clear vision of present and future program goals and assist in the development of a program strategy to be communicated to local partners and international community.
- Responsible for travel logistics within and out of country; setting up and implementing youth summer camps; assist in the development of a Legal Socialization Curriculum, organization of teacher-police officer teaching team trainings and monitoring of Legal Socialization Curriculum delivery in classrooms.
- Monitor all digital and social media platforms operating specifically for PH and its programs in Moldova.
- Assist the Program/Country Director in assuring compliance and preparation of reports and program management requirements.
- Work with the Program/Country Director to develop and maintain both internal and external relationships to ensure optimum program success, including international and local NGO’s, US and host Government offices, donor organizations, embassies, vendors, media and the general public.
- Assist Program/Country Director and PH development team in researching development opportunities that are consistent with PH mission and assist with proposal development as needed.
- Advanced university degree in education or a related area (e.g. law, social sciences, economics, history, sociology)
- Demonstrated experience of international development programs, with preference for coordination of internationally funded educational or community development programs in Moldova.
- At least five years of experience in working with project coordination, education-training/capacity development projects, project monitoring and evaluation, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to negotiate with local and foreign experts, managers, and government officials to ensure the successful completion of project activities.
- Budget management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in Romanian, Russian and English.
- Computer proficiency.
- Motivation, reliability and flexibility.
- Ability to work independently, use sound judgment, perform as a team player and know when to seek supervisor advice.
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with key partners.
PH International (Project Harmony, Inc.) is an equal opportunity employer, and provides its staff opportunities for job growth, innovation, and creativity.
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and CC to:
Subject line should read: HP Moldova Program Coordinator. No phone calls.