The Chemonics UK Division seeks a Subaward Specialist for the anticipated UK-Funded Good Governance Programme, jointly funded by the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID) and the Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO). The £15 million, 3.5-year programme’s primary objective is to build resilience in targeted countries by providing support for domestic reform agendas which reduce corruption, promote transparent and accountable institutions, and build open, inclusive economies and societies. The programme will deliver high-quality technical expertise to ministries and government officials to strengthen domestic capacity to deliver, champion and unblock reforms to increase effectiveness of political and economic institutions in Armenia, Georgia, Ukraine, Moldova, Serbia, Bosnia, and North Macedonia.
Chemonics International seeks an experienced professional to undertake the role of Subaward Specialist of this DFID-funded programme. This position is contingent upon funding and will include the following essential functions:
- Support the interpretation and application of donor rules, regulations and requirements as they relate to subawards and subcontracts.
- Coordinate team response and mobilization to call-down requests by the PMU.
- Review and help develop policies and procedures to facilitate adherence to both Chemonics policies and procedures and the appropriate donor rules and regulations for the management of subawards and subcontracts.
- Assist staff in the review and negotiation of subawards, subcontracts and budgets as needed.
- Support development of training around subawards for programme staff on the use of subaward/subcontract management tools.
- Work with programme staff to help them monitor USG subrecipient and subcontractor performance, including collection of annual audit reports.
- Support development of a system to track subawards and subcontracts that can be incorporated into or complement current database systems.
- Run quarterly reports on all GGF subawards and subcontracts.
- Support the Operations Manager in the preparation of responses to audit requests and donor-specific reporting requirements for subawards and subcontracts.
- Help to establish subaward & subcontract files management procedures and develop procedures to enter pertinent information into Lawson database.
- Conduct regular internal reviews of samples of subrecipient and subcontractor files to verify compliance of documentation.
- May serve as the primary reviewer, negotiator, and point of contact for subaward and subcontract officers on large and complex initiatives once a Prime award or contract has been awarded.
- May assist with subaward closeout.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- MS/MA/MBA or equivalent years or experience.
- 2-4 years in international Prime and/or Subaward/Subcontract administration. Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
- Previous experience with international non-profit organisation preferred.
- Previous experience in training using adult learning techniques preferred.
- High level of attention to detail in all aspects of work responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills to communicate effectively with Subrecipients/Subcontractors and Chemonics staff.
- Working knowledge of database applications, word processing and Excel, as well as experience with accounting software.
- Ability to read and understand award terms and conditions.
- Previous experience working in Ukraine and familiarity with the country operating context.
- Fluency in written and spoken Ukrainian or Russian preferred, English required.
This role will be based in Kiev, Ukraine with travel to target countries as required.
Duration: Up to 3.5 years.
To apply, please submit your application by COB EST Wednesday, July 31 through our portal: https://chemonicsuk.formstack.com/forms/ggf_subawardspecialist Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and early applications are strongly encouraged. No telephone inquiries please. Finalists will be contacted.