America House Administrative Assistant Job Opening
America House Moldova www.americahouse.md is currently accepting applications for a full-time vacancy as America House Administrative Assistant, available from September 2019.
America House is an American-style cultural center designed to increase mutual understanding between Moldova and the United States through programs and resources about the United States. The Center offers programs/activities in five core areas: English language activities, Educational advising, Alumni activities, Cultural programs, and Information about the United States. The Center also offers resources, such as books, films and documentaries, games, and Internet access.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for all or some of the following duties:
- Assisting America House Program Manager and Communications Coordinator in the process of planning, implementing and evaluating all America House programs, activities and events;
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and managing program supplies;
- Assisting in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports;
- Providing general support to visitors;
- Providing information by answering questions and requests;
- Carrying out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Greeting and assisting visitors to the office;
- Stepping in to take over America House Communications Coordinator duties when necessary.
- Working according to America House Chișinău schedule:
- Tuesday, Friday, Saturday 10.00 am – 6.00 pm
- Wednesday, Thursday 12.00 pm – 8.00 pm
The work requires an ability to independently perform duties, including taking initiative and assuming responsibility for the completion and delivery of individual tasks. To a certain point, the Program Assistant will be the face of the America House to visitors and should be socially skilled and be able to handle persons well.
- Essential qualifications:
- Higher level education.
- Fluent in Romanian, English and Russian.
- Experience in similar roles in organizations, embassies or the private or public sector.
- Experience from practical work with administrative tasks.
- Excellent intra-personal skills.
- Ability to independently perform duties and to ensure the delivery and completion of tasks with attention to details, also under periods of high workload.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Solid planning skills.
- Outgoing, motivated and ability to work as part of a team.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to a different cultural environment and to changing responsibilities.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office programs incl. Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Social media skills such as working with Facebook and Instagram.
Application along with a detailed CV, 2 references and a cover letter should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com as soon as possible but no later than September 4th.
Please use the subject “Application for America House Administrative Assistant” and your surname in your message.
Tests of language proficiency may be performed as part of the interview process.