Artcor Creative Industries Center (launched in June 2019) is a new infrastructure providing access to cutting-edge training opportunities and skills upgrades; accelerating start-ups; and serving as the nucleus of Moldova’s emerging creative community. Artcor Center is managed by the Association of Creative Industry Companies in Moldova (COR), which works to strengthen the ecosystem for Moldova’s graphics, design, sound, animation, arts, music and other creative subsectors with high export potential. Artcor Center is located on the premises of Fine Arts Academy (AMTAP), being strategically supported by the Moldova Competitiveness Project, financed by USAID, Sweden and UK aid, and implemented by Chemonics International INC..
Artcor Center is looking for an Education and Skills Programs Manager with proven experience in implementing alternative learning programs, managing multifaced activities to catalyze the development of the creative industries sector. The position will report to Artcor executive director. Illustrative activities are listed below. Other relevant activities may be added at the discretion of the Artcor and COR Executive Directors as circumstances warrant.
- Design Artcor activities aimed at development of creative education in Moldova, including but not limited to short- and long-term courses, soft skills trainings, basic creative user skills trainings and programs, and career orientation programs.
- Lead the organization of the Artcor educational events including courses, trainings, workshops. Supervise, organize and manage the implementation of educational activities, including pre and post promotion and reporting (monitoring and evaluation).
- Import other industries stakeholders’ courses and curricula and implement the ongoing trainings programs at Artcor.
- Facilitate the co-hosting of educational events.
- Fundraise for the educational activities meant to develop the creative community in Moldova.
- Assess the educational needs of the creative community and work with COR Association, Academy of Fine Arts (AMTAP), international partners, donors and private industry stakeholders to ensure the implementation of the educational curricula at Artcor.
- Facilitate the international certification of the creative specialists in various fields.
- Ensure the implementation of the trainings and courses by the internationally certified specialists.
- Identify local and international trainers and professionals in the creative industry in order to engage strategically in the educational programs of Artcor.
- Design and implement internship programs for the creative industries.
- Manage and implement the mentorship program for the Artcor residents, including co-working and accelerated businesses.
- Ensure the visibility of the educational activities and make sure messaging is appropriate, professional, effective and executed in accordance with the Artcor’s and donors’ guidelines, and with Center’s needs for continual knowledge and information sharing
- Build and maintain international partnerships with creative hubs.
- Develop and implement activities in the Artcor action plan.
- Build and maintain the monitoring and evaluation of the implemented activities, events and contribute to the visibility and communications, PR, logistics of the Artcor.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the COR and Artcor executive directors or their designee.
- At least four years of experience in designing and implementing of educational activities, project management, business associations, NGOs, international development, and other related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Economics, Social Science, Marketing/ Management, Project Management, International Relations/Trade and other related fields;
- Excellent Romanian and English language written and oral skills;
- Excellent public speaking skills;
- Experience in delivery of trainings and other educational activities is preferred;
- Proven understanding of:
- Industry competitiveness strategies,
- Skills development,
- Educational and continuous learning tactics.
- Proven success in managing and leading the design of complex projects. Proven ability to think strategically and ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to interact with local counterparts including Government, universities, businesses, associations, and other stakeholders; A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Project management capabilities – management of subcontracts, budgets of various sizes, timeframes;
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite.
How to apply
Interested candidates must submit their applications by August 25, 2019 via email to email@example.com with the subject line Education and Skills Programs Manager, and include the following:
- Cover letter outlining in detail their qualifications, previous experience and availability,
- Copy of the University Diploma.
All submissions must be in English. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.