Promotion of climate change and disaster risk reduction solution in the water and civil protection sectors for enhanced rural resilience Project.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Programme Specialist/Cluster Lead and Programme Analyst, the incumbent provides effective and efficient management of the project through a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, management and monitoring of project activities. The Project Manager applies and promotes the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations. He/she is responsible and accountable to the Project Board for the project results.
The Project manager works in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations, Communications and other project teams in the Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery.
The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
The key results have a direct impact on the overall successful achievement of the Climate Change, Environment and Energy Programme. Accurate analysis and presentation of information enhances UNDP’s position as a strong development partner. The information provided facilitates decision-making of the Project Steering Committee, the Beneficiary and UNDP management.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree(or equivalent) in public administration, economics, law or related areas. Additional training and certification in project management would be an advantage.
- At least 5 years of progressive working experience in the design, management and implementation of development projects and/or working in a relevant position to this post.
- Advanced experience in managing complex projects on the ground, including demonstrated capacity to manage a wide range of national and sub-national stakeholders, including local communities;
- Previous working experience in the field of climate change and/or disaster risk reduction is an advantage;
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions, NGO or private sector / consulting firm is a very strong advantage.
- Extensive experience in managing a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in oral and written English, Romanian and Russian.
- Knowledge of one or more minority languages relevant for Moldova, including Romani, Gagauzian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian and sign language, is an asset.
TO APPLY PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW: